10 Thoughts Most Girls Have During the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The big game that we’ve all so anxiously been waiting for…Oh wait, half of us probably don’t care. Here are 10 thoughts that may be going through your head. 

1. This is going to be awesome! I’m going to be like one of the bro’s.

2. On your way to your friends house, you realize “Hmmm..I actually know nothing about football…”

3. When you show up and there’s no free food…

4. When everyone else is excited for kick off and you’re just like “Is this game almost over?”

5. When the game finally starts, you decide to root for whichever team has the hotter players and for a split second you don’t mind watching the game at all.

6. When you realize that the flag being thrown is actually not a good thing.

7. Touchdown!!! Someone, anyone, high five me so that I look like I’m just as into this game as you are.

8. When you realize that you’re watching modern day gladiators. 

9. Wait…Why does this game even matter?

10. That moment when the game is finally over.

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy