10 Things You Look Forward To (& Dread) During Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

1) Food.  (Downside: Bloating and more sugar than is probably healthy.)

2) Being able to be completely yourself. (Downside: More time to focus on self-care, and you realize how much you haven’t cared for yourself much during the quarter.)

3) Seeing your extended family. (Downside: Questions about life plans, boyfriends and girlfriends, and your grades.)

4) Having chores. (Downside: There is finally some structure in your life, but your parents are telling you to do these things… and you’re a bonafide grown-up!)

5) A break from papers, tests, and overall school. (Downside: It’s temporary.)

6) Doing free laundry. (Downside: You’ve accumulated piles of clothes because you’ve been waiting for this moment.)

7) Being in your hometown. (Downside: Seeing your arch nemesis from high school, who’s also on break.)

8) Utter relaxation. (Downside: There is a subconscious countdown in your head with each passing day.)

9) Holiday Shopping. (Downside: Spending money is a mandatory thing.)

10) New Year’s. (Downside: It might be the 20 something years in a row that you haven’t had a New Years Kiss.)

Film & Media Major, #BlackGaucho, Senior, and writer.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.