This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Winter Comfort

Brr, it’s cold outside… Or not, since we live in sunny Los Angeles. 

Still, with Spring two months away, and Summer even further down the road, you may or may not be tempted to snuggle under a blanket and watch Netflix all day. I feel you. So, to make these chilly winter months that much more bearable for you, I’ve included some of my favorite winter comfort items which you might enjoy too. You’re welcome!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/4…

Lighting a scented candle may be a fire hazard in the dorms, but another way to get your room to smell good is to purchase an aromatherapy diffuser. Just a drop of your favorite essential oil in this baby, and soon enough your room will be filled with a soothing aroma. This snazzy decor is sure to impress your friends– expect many compliments!

When it’s cold and gray outside, my favorite thing to do is curl up in my bed with a good book. My pick for this month is “Tell the Wolves I’m Home”, a novel by Carol Rifka Brunt. It’s a bildungsroman set in the ’80s about a girl named June, who feels like the only person who ever truly understood her was her uncle, a renowned painter called Finn Weiss. Then he dies, and everything falls apart. At his funeral, she meets the unlikeliest of friends, one who can bring her out of her grief, help her heal and teach her to question her own heart. A must-read!

Picture Credit: Grace Lin

One way to glamorize your room would be to drape LED fairy lights all over your stuff– the bunk bed, wall, windows… whatever you like! These are meant to be used all year, not just during Christmas! It’s a great way to add some light (and a touch of magic) to your room.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/5…

When all else fails, make yourself a good ol’ mug of hot chocolate. Keep a stash of the instant hot chocolate mix in your drawer– it’s a quick and easy winter comfort drink to make, and it’s sure to warm you up from the inside out. Who doesn’t love hot chocolate, anyway? 

UCLA Communications and Sociology Student. Addicted to mocha and bad jokes.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.