Why Your Sun Sign Isn’t Telling You Everything You Need to Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Your sun sign is most likely the basic one you all know—the one where the month and the date of your birth will let you know what your zodiac sign is.

For example, I was born on September 18, that means that my sun sign is Virgo. And although the sun sign is helpful in telling you some stuff about your personality it still does not pain the full picture. The sun determines your ego, identity, and “role” in life—it’s the core of who you are. The other two lesser known signs are the moon sign and the rising sign. The moon sign rules your emotions, moods, and feelings. This is most likely the sign you most think yourself of, since it reflects your personality when you’re alone or deeply comfortable. The rising sign is the “mask” you present to people. It can be seen in your personal style and how you come off to people when you first meet.

A great way to get more in touch with your astrological signs and natal chart, I recommend you download the Co-Star app. This app is great because it gives you a complete natal and if your friends sign up to then you all can see how compatible you are with each other. When you sign up for the app you’ll need to have the exact the hour and location you were born in because this will affect the star alignment of your natal chart and most importantly it will affect your rising sign because this sign changes every hour.

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.