Which Type Of Candy Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The start of October symbolizes the start of the spooky season! We highly anticipate the arrival of the 31st and prepare for our annual Halloween parties, from the cute decor in our dorm rooms to planning out every last detail of the perfect costumes that scream #SquadGoals. Best of all is that enormous pile of candy waiting for you at the end of the night! Have you ever thought to yourself, “If I were a candy, which one would I be?” There are far too many choices to pick from! So, to make the process a bit easier, our zodiac signs can serve as great indicators of which candy best fits our personalities.

Aries (March 21- April 19): Sour Patch Kids 

As the first sign of the zodiacs, individuals under the Aries sign also enjoy being #1. They are bold, ambitious and like to be the ones to initiate activities. As a fire sign, their passion and energy drive them to lead the group. The candy that best fits Aries is Sour Patch Kids, a candy that stands on its own and comes out on top. Just like Aries, Sour Patch dive headfirst into that tangy goodness. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Twix 

Taurus, as an earth sign, remains steady and headstrong. Their mantra can be “slow and steady wins the race.” They enjoy the finer things in life and are dependable. The candy these individuals would best match with is Twix, a classic chocolate-covered candy bar with caramel. We can rely on Twix to taste amazing as we savor sweet caramel and have a pair to share with a friend.  

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Smarties   

Those under the air sign of Gemini are playful, curious and quick-witted. Smarties represent the sign well both in the name itself and contain that perfect ratio of sour to sweet just like those under the Gemini signs— social butterflies that enjoy constantly moving around.

candy 0jpg?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Cancer (June 21 – July 22): M & M’ s

Cancer, as a water sign, includes individuals who are intuitive, protective, emotional and loyal. They have the ability to pick up on the energy in a room and care deeply about their friends and family. M&M’s, no matter the color they are, will taste the same. Similarly, under all the layers of a Cancer, they will remain the same supportive friend. 

Leo (July 23 – August 22): Starburst 

Leos are the “king” of the fire signs. They like to make a good impression and be in the spotlight. They radiate magnetic energy and maintain an upbeat persona. Starburst would be the best fit candy for Leos as they share a “punch” of flavor. 

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)Lollipops

Virgos, similar to their other Earth counterparts, enjoy stability. Virgo individuals are perfectionists and approach life practically. They are methodical and efficient in what they do. Virgos could be best represented by lollipops since lollipops are a practical candy that gets the job done when you need a pick-me-up in the middle of the day.

Lollipop
Kate Zizmor / Spoon
Libra (September 23 – October 22): KitKat 

Libras are air signs that strive to have perfect balance and harmony. KitKat’s represent the symmetrical parts of the Libra who enjoy an “equilibrium” in all parts of their life from decor to friendships.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups 

Scorpios are water signs often mistaken as fire signs. They can be emotional, but they are also resilient. They are passionate and powerful. The Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups represent Scorpio well since the peanut butter lies inside the chocolate layer similar to how Scorpios remain mysterious and do not reveal everything about themselves from the start.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Skittles  

Sagittarius as a fire sign has some of the most fiery and versatile people you will meet. These individuals love adventures, whether they are intellectual or for fun. Skittles are the best match for this sign because each piece of candy is flavorful and unique.

1025003 54849441jpg?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Hershey’s Kisses  

Capricorns as earth signs are also determined and ambitious individuals. They can be tough but also remain optimistic. They value tradition and work hard to reach their goals at the top. Hershey’s kisses represent these different aspects of a Capricorn since Hershey’s kisses are classic chocolate with a rounded shape that ultimately leads to the top.

body images 2019 05 19 ac8ead92 dadf 4714 a947 cf5a6c2a1829 image001jpg?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Snickers 

The individuals under the air sign of Aquarius are humanitarian-focused visionaries. They are free-spirited and do not necessarily conform to the rules or norms. Similarly, Snickers is a candy that contains all the different types of fillings chocolate could have, including peanuts, caramel and nougat. A progressive candy ahead of its time. 

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Twizzlers

The final water sign of the zodiac is Pisces. The individuals under this sign are wise and flexible who understand the division between reality and fantasy. Twizzlers could represent the two strands of reality and fantasy twisted together that are similar to how Pisces perceive the world around them. Their imaginations alongside the creativity they project in their surroundings help them stand tall.

IMG 4640jpg?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Esther Kang

Hope you enjoyed learning your candy match! Happy treating!

Manal is a junior at UCLA studying molecular and cell biology. In her free time, she enjoys reading and traveling. She also loves art, food, and fashion.