little women?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
little women?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Columbia Pictures / Sony

Which Little Women Sister Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Greta Gerwig’s Little Women and astrology—what more could you want to celebrate International Women’s Day? I want to discuss our four favorite sisters—Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy—and decide which zodiac element they embody. 

Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) – BETH

Gentle, musical and reserved, the painfully shy pianist Beth is as intuitive and family-oriented as every water sign, perhaps even more so! Beth is incredibly warm-hearted, and unfailingly loves all members of her family. As a water sign myself, I strongly relate to Beth’s preference for staying home over going out, and I strive to be as morally virtuous and forgiving as she is. 

Fire Signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) – JO

Dynamic, confident and stubborn, there is no March sister who better embodies the fire signs than the fiery Jo herself. Sure, she’s a little hotheaded (aren’t all fire signs?), but she never fails to stand up for her family and beliefs. Jo is everyone’s favorite writing, ice-skating, hair-chopping extraordinaire, and her fierce imagination is something to be admired.

Earth Signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) – MEG

Pragmatic, grounded and peaceful, Meg’s down-to-earth attitude is the epitome of the Earth signs. Although Meg is occasionally frivolous, she is the quintessential girl next door and settles for the smallest goals in the end. Meg is beautiful inside and out, and her dependability (and accidental splurging) resembles any of the earth signs. 

Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) – AMY

Witty, cerebral and gregarious, Amy’s ambitious, artistic and admittedly materialistic qualities fit with every air sign in one way or another. Sure, Amy is a bit chaotic and a bit vain, but isn’t every air sign? She makes up for it with her endearingly humorous dialogue and maturation throughout the story. Amy sets high goals for herself, and unlike some of the other sisters, she always achieves them. 

Each March sister is inspiring in her own way. They’re a joy to read and watch, and they are just as flawed as the rest of us. There’s something we can all learn from Meg’s kindness, Jo’s fearlessness, Beth’s generosity and Amy’s ambition. No matter which Little Women sister you identify with, International Women’s Day marks the perfect time to commemorate the March family, rewatch the 2019 Little Women adaptation and honor the legacy of Louisa May Alcott’s supremely feminist novel. 

Amelia is a Chicago-native English major. Other than writing articles for Her Campus at UCLA, she enjoys speculative fiction, binging A24 films, and dissecting characters on the Personality Database.