What is the Mannequin Challenge?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The internet has definitely seen trends grow and then quietly disappear. This fall one of the hottest trend on the internet is the Mannequin Challenge. The Mannequin Challenge is where a group of people stand perfectly still while Rae Sremmurd’s “Black Beatles” plays in the background. The song has no affiliation with the Mannequin Challenge, it just happened to be the hottest song at the time that the Mannequin Challenge also became the hottest challenge.

So you can get the full picture, I leave with one of my favorite Mannequin Challenges—Hilary Clinton and her team.

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.