Welcome to the Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

On Saturday, May 2, at 8:34 am BST, Prince William and Kate Middleton welcomed their second child and first daughter into the world. The Princess’s name has not yet been declared, but we can only hope it’s Diana. 

An announcement of her birth was made at 11 am outside Kensington palace by a town crier – very official. Later in the afternoon, two men place the declaration of birth on an easel outside Buckingham Palace. 

The Telegraph reported that a princess of her prominence has not been born in the House of Windsor in 65 years. 

The princess was displayed briefly outside St. Mary’s Hospital before being whisked away in Prince William’s Range Rover. Like many things about the Royal Family, the steps of the hospital are a tradition. The couple’s first child, Prince George, was presented there as well on July 22, 2013. The picture above shows the couple two years ago and today.  

Kensington Palace tweeted “#WelcomeToTheFamily” to the new little Princess. It’s clear that this small baby will have an extradorinary and famous life. Welcome to the world, indeed! 

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.