Top 4 Touring Artists To Look Out For In 2024

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

2024 promises to be an exciting year for music enthusiasts. After a summer of the Renaissance and Eras tours, 2024 invites electrifying newcomers and established pop icons back to the stage. Here are some of the exciting artists to keep an eye out for this year. 

Lizzy McAlpine

Singer-songwriter Lizzy McAlpine is known for her stripped-back instrumentals and heartbreaking lyrics. Her most popular song, “ceilings,” in particular has been breaking the hearts of college students around the country. McAlpine’s The Older Tour after her upcoming album will surely bring her music’s dreamlike and cathartic nature to the stage. Running from April 21 to October 31, be sure to check out if McAlpine is coming to a city near you. 

Olivia Rodrigo

Olivia Rodrigo’s tour might be one of the most anticipated events of 2024. In case you haven’t heard of her, Rodrigo is a Grammy award-winning musician and actress making pop-rock hits that every 21st-century teen can relate to. Rodrigo’s Guts World Tour began on February 23rd and will continue until August 17th. It’s sure to be a blast, and features some of my favorite artists, Remi Wolf and Pinkpantheress, as openers. 

Mitski

2024 might truly be the year of the sad girl. Japanese-American singer-songwriter Mitski’s North American is a testament to that. If you are looking for the perfect song to cry or scream to, The Land is Inhospitable and So Are We Tour is perfect for you. Featuring popular songs such as “My Love is Mine All Mine” and “Washing Machine Heart,” Mitski incorporates traditional Japanese art forms in her singing to capture the raw emotions of her lyrics. Go see Mitski from now until April 11th.

Nicki Minaj

Ending on a more upbeat note, Nicki Minaj, proclaimed Queen of Rap, will be on tour this year with her newest album “Pink Friday 2.” No matter what the controversy is with Minaj, there’s no doubt she can put on a good show. With various personas and hit songs from throughout the 2000s, it’s sure to be a great time. Be sure to find the show close to you between March 1 and June 6.

Amanda is a third-year student at UCLA studying Theater and English. Originally from San Francisco, she is passionate about creating and sharing women-led stories and the power of artistic mediums as a form of activism. In her free time, Amanda loves to crochet, read YA novels, and watch sitcoms.