Life > Experiences

3 Sensational Trader Joe’s Picnic Items to Spice Up Your Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s officially the week of Thanksgiving and it seems like the perfect vacation from thinking about impending finals! Whether you decide to go back home or stay on campus, a Friendsgiving picnic is a perfect way to catch up with your friends before the break. During this stressful time in the quarter, there seems to be nothing better than sitting down, enjoying a day out on the grass and eating a bunch of food! While there are several amazing places you could go to get some snacks, these are the best three tested and approved picnic items to bring to a Friendsgiving from Trader Joe’s:

Fall in every sip

If you’re looking to set the ambiance to reflect a more wholesome and cozy atmosphere, the Spiced Harvest Tea is absolutely perfect! With subtle notes of cinnamon and the relaxing nature that chamomile has, this black tea will put aside all the stress of your academic courses. Not to mention that with its slight caffeine boost, this drink is amazing if you are looking for a warm fall replacement from matchas and coffees. This drink is best brought to a picnic in a cute thermos and best served in a fall or winter-themed mug. Just remember to be careful if you are on a slanted hill any other unsmoothed surface!

pexels ana m 3152022

Savory Cornbread muffins

After a round of tea and catching up on a few stories from the last quarter, Trader Joe’s Cheesy Cornbread Muffins are an absolutely delicious go-to item! The muffins are super easy to bake and they are just the right size to pass around to groups of people. Each mixture serves about 14 to 16 people and this would be a great option for anyone that follows a vegetarian diet. With pepper jack cheese and a blend of fresh salsa included in the mixture, these cornbread muffins are a filling, savory treat for everyone.

pexels momos kitchen 9704174

Pass the popcorn!

Lastly, after a few cornbread muffins and some soothing tea, your festive Friendsgiving could come to a close with some Maple and Sea Salt Kettle Corn! This is a light, quick and easy dessert to snack on that could easily be safely distributed amongst friends and loved ones. The Maple and Sea Salt Kettle Corn is made with coconut oil, sunflower oil and the sugary maple taste comes from the sap of a sugar maple tree! This is not only a healthier dessert alternative but it’s a great dessert to keep the conversation going and to store for later if you end up having some leftovers.

Photo by Megha Mangal from Pexels

If you are able to see family or friends this holiday season, I hope that this break will be a restful time before the stress of finals comes up! While these items are absolutely delicious, taking comfort in any tasty snack with loved ones is a guaranteed way of boosting feelings of appreciation towards those around you. If you have been far too busy to make plans, I hope you have a great day with yourself and splurge on these delicious foods anyway to appreciate just how much you have done over this last quarter. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and please try a bunch of delicious food!

Hi there! My name is Emmi and I am currently an undergraduate student majoring in English at UCLA. Being at the intersection of several different identities, as a 1.5 generation, pansexual and Asian American woman, I love writing about the overall diverseness that surrounds my multiple communities!