Gradients?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Gradients?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
BMLG / Canva

9 Things To Do While Listening To “Red” (Taylor’s Version)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

She did it again. Fresh off the success of Fearless (Taylor’s Version), Taylor Swift dropped Red (Taylor’s Version) on November 12, 2021. Red perfectly embodies the fall season: hometown nostalgia, autumn leaves falling and cool breezes. An album so aesthetically tied to autumn deserves to be paired with the properly themed activities. So here is a list of all the Red themed ways you can celebrate yet another month with a new Taylor Swift album release:

Diner Breakfast at Midnight

In true “22” fashion, it’s always a perfect night for breakfast at midnight. Additional bonus: lots of restaurants in Westwood offer discounts for Bruin Card holders.

Karaoke With Your Roommates

Red has several radio hits, such as “I Knew You Were Troubleand “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” that make for a perfect karaoke night. And if there is lingering breakup blues, the mic is all yours for “All To Well.”

Sitting In An Parking Lot In Your Hometown

I don’t know what it is about hometown parking lots, but they hit different. Red is about soul searching and a parking lot is a great place to do just that (doors locked of course).

Dancing Around In Your Refrigerator (or dorm room mini-fridge) Light

This is a very niche activity that without Taylor Swift’s “All Too Well” lyrical reference would just be weird and a waste of energy. But with the new 10-minute version of one of Taylor Swift’s breakup anthems, there is double the time to dance in the refrigerator light.

Stroll Through Trader Joe’s

While I can not confirm that Taylor Swift gets her groceries at Trader Joe’s, the fall ambiance and hometown feel of one’s local Trader Joe’s feel like the perfect setting for relationship nostalgia.

Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Afternoon Cafe Date

Taylor Swift’s “Holy Ground” romanticizes having coffee all alone at a cafe. This is your excuse to finally start that book on your nightstand and take some me time.

girl holding coffee out with coffee shop seating in the background
Lilli Drewes
pet some cats

Taylor Swift is widely known as Hollywood’s residential cat lady. It is a title she happily accepts and even encourages. Red is perfect for petting cats, your own or someone else’s.

cat
Original photo by Audrie Lau
vintage shopping

It is officially sweater weather. And the best sweater finds are often deep inside thrift and vintage stores. Secondhand shopping can be time consuming, but not with the proper album (Red, obviously).

Bake Taylor Swift’s Chai Cookies

Taylor Swift can’t be in the studio 24/7. She bakes too! And she was kind enough to share her Chai Cookie recipe. What is a better way to pay tribute to Red than baking to an actual Taylor Swift recipe?

Happy Red listening! For many of us young adults, Red conjures up fond memories of endless radio cycles of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and the classic red lip Taylor Swift era. Almost ten years after its original release, Red is still a fan favorite. And don’t forget to delete the original Red songs off your Taylor Swift mega mix!

Grace Shelby is a third year at UCLA, double majoring in Communications and Political Science. Outside of her love for writing, Grace Shelby loves to go thrifting, hiking, and exploring the best independent book stores in LA.