These 10 Songs Are Must-Adds To Your Valentine’s Day Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Music captures feelings and emotions like nothing else can, and it works best for emotions you can’t really put into words all the time because they’re just that significant. So here are 10 songs that describe all the pining, fleeting moments, unanswered questions and occupied minds that come with being in love:

please notice by Christian leave

Though it’s only a little over a minute long, this song is the perfect opener for a Valentine’s Day playlist. It’s more like a stream of consciousness filled with questions of whether the person you’re longing for actually sees how much you love them and talks about the little things you notice about the person. It even starts off slow and builds up, kind of like your heart when you’re in love.

plot twist by marc e. bassy

This song takes you through how fast falling in love can happen. You’re in it before you even know you are, and even if you were so adamantly against it before, one person can change your entire outlook on it. And it happens so suddenly that even you get surprised.

stupid face by abe parker

Sometimes love makes us feel crazy because you miss them constantly, even right after you see them. This song captures the obsessiveness of love and the lengths you’d go to to see someone you can’t stop thinking about. You want to know if they want to be with you as much as you want to be with them and can’t help but wonder why their “stupid face” just can’t get out of your head.

a place we knew by dean lewis

This song is about those stolen moments of love and the feelings within them. It makes you want to dance in hotel rooms and reminisce about sleepless nights with deep conversation. It makes you realize that you can actually experience love anywhere and basically everywhere.

3:15 by bazzi

Now that you’re thinking about late-night memories, this is the song to go to if you want to immerse yourself in them. It’s about how honest those late-night talks are and how alive those spontaneous nights feel. And what makes these things unique is they can only happen with the right person, someone you trust enough to be vulnerable with.

rain by ben platt

There are times when love is just forgetting all your worries for a minute and just being with each other in the moment. This song makes you want to go out in the rain when it’s dark and dance your heart out with the person you care about just because you both can. There’s no meaning to it and no explanation, but like love, it’s all about letting your feelings consume you.

fool for you by zayn

A lot of the time, no matter how much you resist, love is out of your control, even if it does trick you into thinking you are from time to time. We’re just at its mercy and can’t help it if we look like fools. But hey, if Zayn’s fine with it, who’s to say we can’t be too.

view by ethan dufault

This song is a little bit more on the laid-back side because it’s about taking time to step back and take in the “view” when you’re in love. There are so many moments when you’re with that person where you’re questioning “are we both insane?” But then you realize it doesn’t even matter if you are or not because you’re both just along for the ride.

September by james arthur

One of the most important things about love is not only being there for the good times and the bad, and that’s what this song is about. It talks about balancing out each other’s flaws, looking beyond them and battling life’s challenges together. I guess that’s the true meaning of a partner in crime.

guess i’m in love by clinton kane

This is your typical love song, your “I can’t believe you’re mine” song, or your “I’ve never felt anything this good before” song. It captures the realization that you’re actually falling for this person and that they make your life feel so much better. But it also shows how nerve-wracking falling in love can be because of how open you have to be.

Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate everything about love, and I know for sure these songs will get you in the spirit and make your heart just a little bit fuzzier on the inside.

Neeti is a UCLA student who has loved writing ever since she was born, whether that meant composing poetry or writing opinionated articles. She loves learning languages and is currently learning her fifth one. She loves water, hiking, biking, playing with her dog, and listening to music.