The End Of Love On Tour: The Best Harry Styles Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

After two years, with very few breaks, Harry Styles has announced that Love on Tour is coming to an end. And although we all saw it coming (and honestly were even hoping for it, there’s just so much a bank account can take) I can’t say I’m not a little sad to see the end of this era. From going to battle for tickets to finally getting to the concert after months of waiting, these past years have been a rollercoaster for Harry fans. I’d like to take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about some of this tour’s best moments:

Sattelite Stomps

The satellite stomps became a fan favorite the moment they were introduced. I guess something about Harry hitting every beat of “Sattelite” with little stomps had a lot of people amazed. In the pit, rather than looking for the best center spots fans started swaying towards the catwalk, where everyone knew “Satellite” would be performed and thus the stomps would be executed. And while we’re on this topic of “Sattelite,” let’s take a moment to appreciate the cutest music video. Although the video did not contain much of Harry himself, it is safe to say that little Stomper was more than loved by the fans.

harrys house?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Harry Styles Harrys House Columbia Records
Harryween (3x)

Remember when I said getting tickets was a battle? Well, for Harryween, let’s say it was a battle times 10. Coming out as Dorthy for the first ever Harryween in 2021, Harry Styles created a highly anticipated event that all of his fans were dying to attend. That year, he actually had two days of Harryween, and I would be lying if I said I knew what he was the second night. Whoever he dressed up as (some sort of clown) he looked amazing and sang “Toxic.” Yes, the “Toxic” by Brittney Spears. After giving fans two amazing shows, Harryween 2022 was one of the most anticipated Love on Tour shows. I had the honor to experience this show live and hear him perform Hopelessly Devoted To You, and let me tell you, it was definitely a moment.

Madison Square Garden Banner

Watching this banner being awarded on some grainy Instagram live was quite the unique experience. I can’t say I ever imagined MSG, famously known to house the New York Knicks, would be presenting a banner to Harry Styles. As a basketball fan, it was definitely a world’s colliding moment. The banner was well deserved after 15 consecutive nights of spectacular performances. I would notably like to point night ten, when Harry returned to New York after popping over to Venice for his film premier of Don’t Worry Darling and addressed the spit gate rumors (remember the Chris Pine drama?). Like come on who really believed this rumor?

Fine Line Live

You might be thinking this is a very board category because how can I consider a whole album a highlight of the tour? Don’t worry, I am talking about the song. The most amazing wonderful song in the world, “Fine Line.” You see, from the moment I bought tickets to the 2021 show in LA, I knew that I would never make it through this song without sobbing. I had very well prepared myself for that cry because I honestly lose it most time that I listen to it off Spotify. So, the live version was definitely gonna be a challenge. If you have never listened to Harry Styles, and for some bizarre reason this is your first introduction of him, please pause what you are doing and go listen to “Fine Line” (the song). You will understand what I mean.

Stockholm Syndrome

This one is a more recent addition to the final shows of the tour and arguably one of the best aspects. One Direction girlies know how any slight mention of the band tumbles into thousands of reunion rumors and Harry adding “Stockholm Syndome” to his setlist did nothing to help the case. As much as I love the song and was delighted to hear it all over TikTok, I can’t say I wasn’t just a tad bit (very) jealous. With this song on the setlist and multiple teasings of “Best Song Ever” before “What Makes You Beautiful,” who knows, maybe there is a One Direction reunion right around the corner.

Grammy’s Album of the Year

This one is so controversial, but I had to include it. Let’s just say in the 72 hours following the Grammy’s, I spent the majority of my time defending Harry Styles on social media like it was my full-time job. Many people will disagree, and don’t hate me for this, but I think the person who deserved Album of the Year won Album of the Year. This was obviously an emotionally overwhelming moment for Harry as the award is one the best recognitions artist can receive for their hard work. To make the moment even more special, the award was given by one of his own fans named Reina. The algorithm has kept me updated on this storyline, and recent updates show that Reina was actually in attendance at his last show.

Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
Coachella 2022

Although not a part of the tour, Harry’s Coachella performances happened in between his tour dates, so I think they deserve some recognition. I am beyond thankful for live-streamed performances because I was up and waiting both weekends to see what Harry had up his sleeves. Weekend 1 was jam-packed with action as he sang two new songs from his latest album Harry’s House before they had been released. He also brought out Shania Twain, and they gave a spectacular performance of “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” His surprises didn’t stop there because, during Weekend 2, he brought the wonderful Lizzo. Lizzo walked out in a luxurious fur coat, and together they performed “I Will Survive.” Gosh, what a time that was!

Harry Styles has always been one to give the best perfomaces, and his multi-year Love on Tour solidified that claim. Night after night, he came out with full energy and gave fans the best performances. He took the time to interact with fans, reading posters and even giving dating advice. This tour really included a little bit of everything making fans keep coming back for more. But like all good things, even this tour must come to an end.

Kajal is a second year political science major at UCLA . In her free time she enjoys reading, writing, and occasionally crocheting.