This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

No matter what time of year it is, rom-coms are my guilty pleasure (the cheesier the better). For those of us spending Valentine’s Day with friends, there is no better time to get some snacks and settle in for a night of binge-watching. To save you from endlessly scrolling through every streaming platform, here are my rom-com picks for a Galentine’s night in:

10 Things I Hate About You (Disney+)

I’ll admit, I am a little biased toward the 1990s and early 2000s rom-coms. The simplicity, the questionable fashion, you can’t beat it. In this modern retelling of Shakespeare’s The Taming Of The Shrew, Bianca is not allowed to date until her older sister Kat is dating. Of course, a crazy scheme ensues to find Bianca a boyfriend. 

The Wedding Singer (HBO Max)

Robbie, a wedding singer, and Julia, a waitress, meet while they are both engaged to other people. When Robbie is left at the altar by his fiancé, he loses all hope in love. Through a turn of events, he ends up helping Julia plan her wedding. This movie is hilarious and a classic. With big names like Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, you know it’s bound to be good. 

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (HBO Max)

Toula comes from a large Greek family. When she falls in love with Ian, everything is great, until her family finds out that he isn’t Greek. She is forced to navigate gaining the approval of her father, all while planning her wedding (with the help of her slightly overbearing family members). 

Business Proposal (Netflix)

Though this one is a TV show, not a movie, it is totally binge-able. Business Proposal is a Korean show, but don’t let the subtitles scare you away. In this show, through an intricate web of lies, Hari accidentally ends up in a fake relationship with her boss, Taemoo (though he does not know she works for his company). The extent that Hari goes to in order to keep her identity a secret kept me laughing through every episode. Lovers of cheesy (slightly silly) rom-coms, this is the show for you. 

She’s The Man (Paramount+)

Amanda Bynes was THE star of the early 2000s (in my opinion) and her movies never disappoint. Another Shakespeare retelling, this one is a modern spin on the play Twelfth Night. When her high school cuts the girls’ soccer team, Viola dresses as her brother to attend a boarding school and play on the boys’ soccer team there. When one character disguises themselves as another in a movie, you know things are going to get messy. 

Mamma Mia! (Prime Video)

This one gets bonus points because it’s a musical (all ABBA music). Amidst preparations for her wedding, Sophie searches for her long-lost father. Once she has found three potential candidates, she invites all of them to attend her wedding (without telling her mother about her plan). From my experience, it is impossible to watch this one without singing along. 

No Valentine’s Day plans? No problem! Give one (or more) of my rom-com picks a try for a relaxing night in. 

Lily is a third year Political Science major at UCLA from Sarasota, FL. In her free time, she loves binge-watching sitcoms, listening to music, and finding new coffee shops.