The Ten Most Annoying Types of Texters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Texting is not rocket science, but we all have that one friend who just miserably fails at it. Here are the ten most annoying types of texters. 

1. The friend who doesn’t respond to your text, yet has read receipts on, so you know that he/she saw it

2. The friend who responds to your text three days after you sent it

3. The friend who texts with absolutely no emotions

4. The friend who texts you “hello?” multiple times when you don’t respond to their texts right away

5. The friend who blows up your group text messages for kicks and giggles

6. The friend who is really mean over text

7. The friend who is always texting other people when you’re hanging out

8. The “friend” who texts “you up” at 3am

9. The friend who makes up lame excuses for why they couldn’t text you back when texting literally takes one second 

10. The friend who writes really long and overly thorough texts

*Hero Image from the Odyssey Online, GIFS from GIPHY, and text image by Hannah Wren 

Hannah Wren is an English major and Digital Humanities minor on the Dean's Honors List for outstanding academic performance at UCLA. Hannah loves to write and has ample writing experience outside of school. Currently, she works at 7 Generation Games where she creates content for their website to engage and inspire their users. When she is not writing or working, she enjoys spending time with her family, bonding with friends and reading. After she graduates college, Hannah hopes to become a UX designer, entertainment journalist and publish a novel.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.