This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Now that Spring Quarter has begun, it’s time to spring back into action! But we know it can be hard. After sleeping in late, it can be difficult to wake up for those 8 A.M. classes. But have no fear, Her Campus is here to offer you great advice on how to jumpstart your morning.

Here are the top five tips to help make your mornings brighter.

1) Breakfast is key

Starting off your morning with a nutritious breakfast is very important. In fact, this can be the motivation you need to actually get out of bed. Not to mention that a good breakfast will give you the energy that all college students desperately need.

2) Avoid the snooze button

The snooze button is making you start off with procrastination, which is not good.

3) Sleep Cycles

This online timer helps you time determine at what time you should be going to sleep or waking up so that you will not disturb your sleep cycle. When you disturb your sleep cycle, you wake up feeling unrested and groggy.

4) Caffeine

Coffee can really make a great difference in how you function and wake up in the mornings. If you follow the previous tips but it’s still not doing it for you, then caffeine might be the answer.

5) It’s okay to sometimes “cheat”

Sometimes you’re just too tired to function. Maybe you’ve been sick or you’re jet-lagged. In these cases, it’s okay to sleep in. You should always try to listen to your body and don’t be too strict on yourself.

Images courtesy of giphy. 

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.