Sofia Richie’s Wedding Has Become My Royal Wedding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I can’t be the only one who was scrolling through TikTok this past week when all of a sudden my For You Page was bombarded by constant videos gushing about Sofia Richie and her upcoming nuptials, right? Right?

The 24-year-old model is marrying music executive Elliot Grainge on the French Riviera this weekend in what has become one of the most anticipated celebrity events of the year. Anyone who is anyone has been flocking to the South of France this past weekend to celebrate the couple, and like the nepo baby wannabe that I am, I have become obsessed. Richie has made several get-ready-with-me videos on TikTok to document her luxurious wedding weekend, and I literally cannot get enough. Something about watching a millionaire model getting ready for her multi-million-dollar wedding is just so aesthetically pleasing to me.

Amongst the chaos and stress that typically accompanies weddings, Richie has been giving several behind-the-scenes tours of each of her looks for the various wedding events she’s attended. Her wedding looks have been on point so far, but it was her everyday hair and makeup that got me hooked. Her makeup has been giving the ultimate “old money” nepo baby sophisticated look that so many of us have strived for yet failed to perfect. She may have an upper hand with the combination of Lionel Richie and Diane Alexander’s DNA, but she has been working tirelessly to show her fans how to achieve a simple yet luxurious wedding look with minimal effort.

Her makeup isn’t the only thing screaming simple chic. Richie’s individual outfits are the perfect twist of summer elegance and high-end luxury for her French Riviera wedding. She started the weekend with an all-white ensemble featuring a sleveless button down top and a matching maxi skirt courtesy of her stylist Liat Baruch. A pair of white flip-flops, a white Chanel purse featuring floral ribbon accent and a white hair ribbon with the iconic Chanel logo completed the fresh spring look. Pair that against the background of the sunny French Riviera and lean against an expensive white convertible, and what do you get? Pure luxury.

This wasn’t her only outfit that caught my eye. Another one of her daytime looks featuring a soft white dress with black accents courtesy of Khaite was another beautiful yet simple ensemble for the bride-to-be. She once again matched with another iconic Chanel bag, this one featuring the black Chanel logo across the front. The entire look was featured on a day trip to Antibes, France for a pool day during one of Richie’s pre-wedding events over the weekend.

By far the most stunning look from Richie’s wedding weekend has been her wedding rehearsal gown. While she hasn’t officially revealed the look on her Instagram, paparazzi shots have caught the stunning piece during the event Thursday night. The gown was a two-piece set consisting of a white dress accompanied by a high neckline and sheer long sleeves. The upper half of the gown displayed a dazzling display of intricate beadwork stitched together to complete the top layer of the ensemble. In other words, a wedding look from my dreams.

If this is what she wore to her rehearsal dinner, her final bridal look for her wedding ceremony was bound to be ethereal. Vogue debuted an inside look of Richie’s final wedding dress fitting courtesy of Chanel in Paris taken released hours before she walked the aisle. She had decided upon a bridal piece inspired by a similar dress in Chanel’s fall 2023 collection, and of course, it was simply stunning. The dress displayed a slim bridal silhouette complete with a long train, halter neckline and a pearl-studded veil. The gown itself featured an intricate floral sequin design made of elegant white chiffon and lace. I just about died watching the final fitting.

Richie’s walk down the aisle was something out a fairytale dream as her father, Lionel Richie, led her to the altar. The wedding ceremony itself was an elegant setup of white floral arrangements and white linen at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes. Nothing screams “old money” quite like a wedding in the South of France, and Sofia Richie did hers to perfection. I am now 100% a Sofia Richie fan, and I will be manifesting her classy lifestyle for my near future. A girl can only dream.

All of Richie’s wedding outfits have displayed the luxury “old money” vibes often popular amongst children of famous celebrities. Yet, Richie’s aesthetic has brought together classic silhouettes and simple luxury pieces in a way that doesn’t overstate her wealth nor undercut her current success. Her understated beach style outfits alongside her stunning dinner looks have made for perfect styling inspiration for future summer bridal outfits. Her destination wedding has become nothing short of royalty for me, and I will be eagerly awaiting to see what she pulls out for her honeymoon.

Megha is currently a third year global studies major with a passion for digital journalism at UCLA. She loves exploring the arts beyond writing, including photography, graphic design, and painting. In her free time, she loves reading classic literature, making jewelry, and learning new languages!