Ryland Lynch “Takes Me There” in our HC Exclusive Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We met with Ryland Lynch, DJ and brother of Austin & Ally star Ross Lynch and DWTS star Riker Lynch, before his LA show on Wednesday July 20th at The Roxy. The talented DJ and songwriter told us about going on the road with Olivia Holt (Kickin It, I Didn’t Do It), his newest hit single “Take Me There,” and more. This marks Ryland’s first tour without his brothers and sister, who are also known as pop-rock band R5. Check out our exclusive interview and some videos/photos from his set.

On his new single “Take Me There”

It’s all about a place you want to be, like if you want to be somewhere- like take me there! –Ryland

On his musical style:

I definitely want to make music like The Chainsmokers- Calvin Harris Mix. Cuz Calvin Harris has like those drops but like Chainsmokers have like that dirtiness to it that’s like sexy. I think my music is pretty pop for my fans– Ryland

Ryland gave an amazing set. He was really interactive with the crowd and even brought Ross and Rocky on stage with him. He threw in some Top 40 hits and made sure to play his singles before closing the show. The crowd loved him.

This is my first show without R5, it’s pretty crazy…It’s going to be weird not having all my brothers on the bus to hang out with at night. -Ryland

On collaborating with R5:

Doing an EDM song with Ross’s voice on it would be hype! -Ryland

Make sure to follow Ryland on Twitter (@RylandLynch), Instagram (@RylandLynch), and Snapchat (WylinRyland). Check out his website for tour dates and meet & greet information: http://www.rylandlynch.com

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.