Life > Experiences

Round Up Your Besties And Enjoy Galentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s that time when you can feel the love in the air, and what better way than to celebrate it with your girls who have been there for you the entire year?

It’s time to celebrate and enjoy a day filled with lots of fun activities. Here are five suggestions as to where and what you can do with your besties:

Love You Latte 

Head down with your besties to Love You Latte, where you can enjoy breakfast and/or lunch along with some cute coffees. It’s the perfect place to go this Valentine’s Day. Love You Latte can be found at Glendale. Once you’re done, be sure to go on a stroll with your friends and explore Glendale!

Olive Garden 

Feeling pasta? Well don’t overthink it and head to Olive Garden! I am not going to lie, this restaurant does get packed. But if you go as soon as they open or sometime early, then it is possible that you will not need to wait in a long line. A nice thing about this restaurant is that aside from their food being delicious, they have a great offer! If you go during the weekdays before 3 p.m. you can order from their lunch specials. They start at $7.99, but keep in mind prices do vary depending on the location. If you are not sure if they are having this deal, then don’t hesitate to call and ask. 

The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen

Since Galentine’s Day is all about being sweet, you cannot skip out on having some delicious milkshakes at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen. They recently opened up this restaurant at Universal Studios Hollywood City Walk. Here you can enjoy milkshakes and desserts, as well as other foods! It is 19th-century themed, so if you do head down there be sure to make it more fun by dressing to the theme with your besties!

The Japanese Garden 

Looking for a place to take cute pictures? Think no more, the Japanese Garden has many beautiful sceneries! Not only does it have many cute spots to take pictures, but you can take a stroll, learn and take in the beauty of the place all at the same time! Keep in mind that they are only open from Monday to Thursday and do require reservations. Admission is currently free, but be sure to check out their website for any changes. Hours vary so be sure to check out their page before heading down there. 

The Getty Center 

Another location where you can take cute pictures with your gals is the Getty Center. Here you can enjoy the art, modern designs, their unique gardens and a wonderful view of the city. Make it an all-day hangout! Have a nice picnic with a photo shoot at the end!

Those are all the suggestions I have! I hope you all have a wonderful time with your besties. As always, be safe and have fun!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.