RomCom Fest: Live, Love & Laugh With The First-Ever Romantic Comedy Festival in Los Angeles June 20-23

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Has the influx of chocolate, flowers and love on Valentine’s Day left you feeling “Clueless”? Do you want to just abandon “The Notebook” that you’ve been writing sappy love poems in and just figure out what “Love Actually” is? The ending of February doesn’t mean that season of love has to end- this June, Rom Com Fest will provide a place for all women and rom-com lovers to celebrate love, life and womanhood.

Bring your gals and your rom-com buddies to the first ever Rom Com Fest, which will be taking place this June 20-23 at the Downtown Independent in Los Angeles. Rom Com Fest will allow all romantic comedy lovers to celebrate love through a combination of film screenings, experiences and yummy desserts!

Romantic comedy classics like “You’ve Got Mail” or “Grease” are sure to be hits, but new rom-coms will also be screened at the festival. In fact, you can even submit your own original rom-com to be shown to crowds of romantic comedy viewers. Rom Com Fest will give romantic comedy viewers a chance to fall in love all over again with some classics, but will also introduce you to some new films. The films of life and love will all inspire and uplift you. In May, the film line up will be announced as new and old films are getting added to the mix.

Rom Com Fest will also include awesome experiences that will give you a chance to make new friends and to connect with your rom-com buddies. Dating activities, crafting, a PJ brunch- these are fun and unique events that are good not just for the soul, but also for the Instagram.

The film experience just isn’t complete without a treat in hand. But Rom Com Fest’s treats have upgraded from just popcorn and soda to cute and delicious desserts! The team behind the dessert festival Dessert Goals will be providing lots of yummy and Instagrammable treats for the Rom Com Fest, adding the cherry on top of a sweet romantic comedy experience.

Rom Com Fest is a chance for all romantic comedy lovers to rejoice in their love for love. The celebration of love and life shouldn’t just be reserved for Valentine’s Day in February- it should be embraced and commemorated year-round. With films, experiences and desserts, prepare to fall even more in love with love this June at Rom Com Fest. Badges can be purchased online, but I think we all already know that love is priceless. <3

Kalysa was the 2020-21 Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent for the UCLA chapter of Her Campus. She was also previously a Senior Editor and Feature Writer for the chapter. On the rare occasion she's not busy studying for school or writing for Her Campus, you'll probably find her indulging in tiramisu or reading (and re-reading) her favorite novels. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.