Review: Sweet & Savory Pancake Goals at CiCi’s Cafe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

CiCi’s Cafe is famous for having the BEST pancakes in Los Angeles and we can confirm that the rumor is true! CiCi’s pancakes are amazing, but they also have an entire menu filled with delicious treats, making it one of our favorite brunch spots- even if it’s located in the Valley.

With 40+ pancake flavor options and even more Crepe, French Toast, and Waffle options, CiCi’s menu can get a bit overwhelming. With so many sweet and savory options, choosing what to order may take a while. We all know its impossible to decide between the Strawberry Cheesecake Souffle Pancakes, Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes and the Tiramisu pancakes- so we decided to get all three.

Pictured: Strawberry Cheesecake Souffle Pancakes.

We loved the fresh strawberry pancakes, which were topped with strawberry coulis, cream cheese mousse, mascarpone whipped cream and an almond crumble. The best part about this fluffy pancake is that it does not taste too overwhelmingly sweet- it has the perfect balance of toppings to create a delicious strawberry pancake.

Pictured: Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes.

Our seasonal favorite, which is luckily served all year round, is the Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes. Combining our love of pumpkin pie and cheesecake, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes are topped with pumpkin marmalade, cream cheese mousse, mascarpone whipped cream and an almond crumble. The combination of the pumpkin marmalade, between each layer and on top of the pancakes, and cream cheese mousse, drizzled on the top, creates the perfect balance of flavors.

After finishing our pancake taste test, we tried some savory options on the large menu, such as the Sweet Potato Fries, Veggie Omelet, Spicy CC Pasta, Pesto Wrap and BBQ Chicken Wrap. We specifically loved the fresh mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in the CC pasta and were impressed by the large selection of lunch options offered at this breakfast/brunch cafe.

Make sure to follow CiCi’s Cafe on Instagram for your daily dose of food porn and stop by the Tarzana or Westlake Village locations to try some of their delicious pancakes for yourself!

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com