Review: Stuffed Ice Cream’s Bouquets Will Leave You Stuffed In The Best Way Possible

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Located at the heart of New York in East Village, 139 1st Avenue, you’ll find the most adorable ice cream shop. Stuffed Ice Cream is famed for its unique twist on ice cream. The shop offers bouquets, cakes and Cruffs in a variety of fun, extravagant flavors. What exactly is a Cruff? It’s essentially the combination of the words “cream” and “stuffed” and defined as, “a perfectly toasted, glazed donut stuffed with your ice cream flavor and toppings of choice.” We knew we had to visit this exciting dessert shop before leaving New York. 

When we arrived, we were welcomed by a brightly-colored sign of a stuffed ice cream cake. The teal paint made the entrance stand out against the many other buildings on that street, and we could not wait to go in!  (Also a plus: it’s right across the street from several bus stops if you’re taking a tour bus around).

Stuffed Ice Cream goes beyond traditional ice cream flavors, serving flavors such as Burnt Honeycomb, Fruity Pebbles, Rice Krispies and White Chocolate Lavender. The names alone had us drooling, and it was refreshing to see such a variety of interesting flavors available. After much contemplation, we decided on trying out a bouquet, with SEVEN scoops of ice cream. The flavors we chose were: Thai Iced Tea, Fruity Pebbles, Mango Colada, Cookie Monster, White Chocolate Lavender, Vietnamese Coffee and Red Velvet. It was truly a beautiful sight. The colors were incredibly vibrant (though likely from artificial coloring) and we could not help taking photos with this amazing bouquet. 

As soon as we were done with pictures, we immediately dove our spoons in to taste the ice cream. We were impressed to say the least. Each flavor had a distinct taste, true to its name. The texture was creamy and thick, while other ice cream brands can be too airy. We were pleasantly surprised by how yummy the ice cream was, on top of being so aesthetic. Personal favorites were the Mango Colada, with its sweet mango sensation, and the Thai iced tea, which tasted as refreshing, spiced and calming as its drink counterpart.

Stuffed Ice Cream is not your typical dessert shop and we would highly recommend checking it out, especially in this summer heat. If you ever find yourself in the Big Apple, make sure to swing by. Otherwise, what the cruff?

Renée is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and served as the HCUCLA Editor in Chief and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is passionate about storytelling and pushing for more Asian American representation in fashion and entertainment. 
Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.