Red Hot Chili Peppers to Headline Bernie Sanders Benefit Concert in Los Angeles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This past week, it was announced that American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers will be headlining Bernie Sander’s fundraiser in Los Angeles on Feb. 5. The performance will take place at the Theatre Ace Hotel, where RHCP will continue to publicly show their support for Sanders as they have been for the past few months. Clearly Sanders has the support of the Angelinos as the concert has sold out, according to both RHCP’s and Sander’s websites.

Flea, the bassist and vocals for RHCP, has demonstrated his support for Sanders through these past months via social media:

On Jan. 30, the University of Iowa Field House hosted Students for Bernie – a free music event. Artists in attendance were Vampire Weekend, Foster the People, Killer Mike,and many more who showed their support. Ezra Koenig, lead vocalist of Vampire Weekend, also tweeted his support for Sanders (with some humor):

Ezra Koenig and Chris Tomson, drummer, are slated to appear as Vampire Weekend. Rostam Batmanglij, composer, and Chris Baio, bassist and backup vocals, will not be in attendance due to separate projects.

Killer Mike introduced sat down with Sanders at a diner at Atlanta and showed his support for him as he brought him to his shop, The Swag Shop:

These next couples of months, all candidates running are working to win over populations across the country as Election Day nears. Needless to say, looks like the Red Hot Chili Peppers themselves are #FeelingTheBern.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.