This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Photo courtesy of Sciencenews.org 

April 22, internationally known as Earth Day, grew greater attention this year due to the president’s denial of climate change alongside a group of Republicans. This year, the public decided to take matters into their own hands to address this big issue by having a March for Science rally not just in Washington D.C., but in over 600 cities across the world. With Trump allowing legislations to pass that are scientifically proven harmful to the environment, scientists have strongly argued against the bias present in the political sphere and have provided scientific facts to reason with Republicans. This denial started the March for Science movement and proved to be a success in celebrating science and its impact on everyday lives.

Following Earth Day, the March for Science organizers had a Week of Action. From joining community organizations to promoting awareness on social media, everyone is encouraged to engage in scientific matters in any way that they can. A growing movement, March for Science will continue to provide rallies and do what they can to protect our planet Earth.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.