Ready in 5: How to Get Fresh-Faced Fast!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Say goodbye to fierce winged liner and hot pink pouts this season! The look we’re crushing on? Dewy skin, tousled waves, and that lit-from-within glow. Here’s the best part: you’ll be ready in half the time! 

The Inspiration:

Hair:

The night before, toss slightly damp hair into loose braids for perfectly undone waves in the morning. French braiding gives more wave and volume to the crown, while a single plait leaves you with soft, piecey bend.

Face:

Foundation takes ages to blend and can look cakey over dry winter skin. Instead, smooth over a BB cream with SPF to even your complexion and apply concealer only where you need it.

Our favorites: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer

Eyes:

Don’t skip curling those lashes—it’ll help you look wide-awake even on early mornings! Got an extra minute? Blend in a cream eye shadow base with your fingers and add a quick coat of super black mascara.

Our favorites: MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Rubenesque

Eyebrows:

Keep them well groomed, and all you’ll need in the morning is to brush them through with tinted brow gel.

Our favorites: Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel

Lips:

Red lipstick requires time and concentration and lip gloss gets stuck to our hair. Choose tinted balms that won’t dry you out and add a brightening wash of color. Bonus? You can apply them as you head out the door!

Our favorites: Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint

Photos courtesy of: nymag.com, duyvo.com, thecoveteur.com

Victoria is a Nor-Cal transplant and fourth-year Biochemistry major at UCLA. She hopes to one day have marble kitchen countertops, own the perfect slouchy sweater, and be the kind of doctor who handpicks ornaments when she decorates her office for Christmas. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.