Quiz: Which Bridgerton Boy Should Be Your Betrothed? (a.k.a. Your New BF)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Dearest Gentle-reader, 

With Netflix’s recent release of the Bridgerton-prequel Queen Charlotte, loyal fans around the world have found a new British boy to fawn over in the show’s fabulously charming King George — at least, as far as the first 30 minutes of the pilot episode are concerned (no spoilers!).

Unsurprisingly, the original Bridgerton series has found its way back into Netflix’s top ten ranking despite the nearly 1.25 billion streaming hours it has already amassed in the past two years. And with the revival of Bridgerton comes the revival of our swoon-worthy crushes on the distinguished (and unfairly attractive) Bridgerton boys, a.k.a. the Regency Era’s version of the Hemsworth brothers. 

Have you ever wondered which Bridgerton boy would be destined as your betrothed? Find out now with the following quiz! 

scene from Bridgerton on Netflix
Shondaland / Netflix

What’s your ideal first date?

A. Game night with friends and family

B. Watercolors at a picnic by the lake

C. Hike to a picturesque location

D. Candlelit dinner at the fanciest restaurant in town

What quality is most important in a partner?

A. Ambitious

B. Romantic

C. Adventurous

D. Intelligent

Pick a honeymoon destination:

A. A romantic getaway to Paris

B. A woodsy escape in Switzerland

C. A relaxing stay on Greecian beaches

D. A real-life fairytale at Walt Disney World

What’s your dream career?

A. Professor / Teacher

B. Artist

C. Writer / Author

D. Entrepreneur

What’s your favorite Disney fairytale?

A. Princess and the Frog

B. Cinderella

C. Tangled

D. Beauty and the Beast

NOTE: If you have a tie, redo the question you answered differently and pick between the two letters you’ve tied with! (For example, I tied with 2 A’s and 2 C’s, so I picked between the A and C answers on the fifth question.)

Mostly A’s – ANTHONY BRIDGERTON
Bridgerton GIF by NETFLIX - Find & Share on GIPHY
Bridgerton GIF By NETFLIX via Giphy

You got the Viscount Bridgerton — or as you’ll refer to him, Anthony! (Or would you be expected to call him “My Lord”?) Anthony is a natural-born leader that strives to provide for his loved ones, achieve success and live up to the high expectations he’s set for himself. He’s an honest gentleman that leaves everyone in awe with his powerful presence, charm, ambition and…occasional humor! 

Your relationship is the quintessential enemies-to-lovers story, but once you two overcome your differences, your bond will be unbreakable. You challenge each other to be the best versions of yourselves, all while taking part in the constant competition of your everyday lives (somehow everything is a chance for you to prove how much better you are than the other person). There’s never a dull moment with the Viscount!

Mostly B’s – Benedict Bridgerton
Bridgerton GIF By NETFLIX via Giphy

You got Benedict, the second eldest son of the highly-esteemed Bridgerton family! Not only is Benedict a passionate artist way ahead of his time, but he’s also a hopeless romantic that loves deeply. He enjoys having fun, doesn’t take anything too seriously and often shoots for the stars with his life goals. The best part, though? That crooked smile you just can’t get enough of *heart eyes*.

Your relationship will begin with love at first sight — a total Cinderella moment! — and bloom beautifully from there. You’ll enjoy painting together, attending parties and having deep talks all night long. Every girl’s dream come true!

Mostly c’s – colin bridgerton
Gulp Swallowing GIF by NETFLIX - Find & Share on GIPHY
Gulp Swallowing GIF By NETFLIX via Giphy

You got Colin, the Bridgerton family’s resident world traveler and esteemed gentleman! He’s somewhat guarded at first, but once he lets you in you’ll realize that there is so much depth to him. He is more than his smile and jokes, he is a man who desperately needs to be more than the pretty face the world sees him as. Colin is incredibly protective and will do anything to keep his loved ones out of harm’s way — your real-life knight in shining armor! 

Your relationship will be a slow-burn romance that builds from a longtime friendship, thus your time together is always comfortable, loving and joyful. As a couple, you’ll travel the world, look for new things to try and write until your hearts are content (did I mention you both are famous writers? How fun!).

Mostly d’s – Simon Basset, a.k.a. the Duke
Bridgerton GIF By NETFLIX via Giphy

You got Simon Basset, also known as the dignified Duke of Hastings! While he may not be a Bridgerton by blood (we are going to ignore the dynamic of him being married to a Bridgerton for the sake of this quiz and your own happy ending), he’s a total catch — clever, hard-working and confident, but also thoughtful, attentive and passionate. Simon loves deeply and puts others’ needs before his own — except for his father, but again we will ignore this! He’s also a well-spoken gentleman, he knows exactly the words that will make your heart swoon (i.e. He BURNS for you!!!)

Your relationship will be defined by two words: Power. Couple. You guys will take on the world as a united front, bringing about change while not-so-subtly showcasing how strong your love is for one another. Step aside Harry and Meghan, there’s a new royal couple ready to steal the spotlight!

Are you pleased with your newly betrothed beau? I should hope so, considering this quiz was co-created with a renowned Bridgerton Expert (i.e. my older sister, Caroline) to ensure accuracy, enjoyment and top-tier levels of romance! If not, remember that your future romance is not yet written — go live out the story you’ve always dreamed of rather than chasing somebody else’s. A love story never occurs twice, so focus on finding the love that fits you.

And in the meantime, go stream Queen Charlotte and the first two seasons of Bridgerton on Netflix now!

Grace LaPlante is currently a senior English major at UCLA—she’s a literature lover, music enthusiast and sports fanatic with dreams of traveling the world someday!