IMG 4197JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 4197JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Nina Kim
Career

Profile: YouTuber & Influencer Kenzie Elizabeth Talks Balancing College & Work

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Kenzie Elizabeth is not just any college student in their senior year. She is a YouTube beauty vlogger with a following of 369k subscribers and podcast entrepreneur of I Love You So Much. We talked to her about how she balances her time as an influencer and college student.

DFnEGdrgy08Her Campus: Where are you from, and what is your profession?

Kenzie Elizabeth: Hi, my name is Kenzie. I’m twenty-two years old, from Texas. I live in LA and am a senior in college, but I don’t go here. I hate the word “influencer” but I guess that’s what it is. I started on YouTube and I now have a podcast (I Love You so Much with Kenzie Elizabeth). 

HC: Where do you go to school and what is your major?

KE: It’s kind of confusing, but I go to ZOE Leadership College which is accredited through Southeastern and my major is Business Administration.

HC: How long ago did you start YouTube and what keeps you going?

KE: I want to say I started when I was fifteen, then took it more seriously when I was sixteen. It’s kind of weird that I still love doing it because I feel like when you’re doing something at sixteen, by the time you’re twenty-two, you’re like over it. At least I would normally be… but it is just something that I love doing so I guess that’s why.

HC: What are your goals with your podcast, brand and YouTube?

KE: Obviously I want all of my platforms to grow but I always say that my job now didn’t even exist 10 years ago. So 10 years from now I don’t know what it will look like. But, I think it will be something similar to what I am doing now, just on a bigger scale. 

HC: How do you juggle your YouTube and podcasts while being a college student?

KE: I literally eat, sleep, live, breathe my Google Calendar. I’m on the app more than I am on Instagram. I’m not kidding, it is actually really ridiculous. Honestly, my biggest strength is time management… I’ve always been really good at it. So that’s really helped me.

HC: If you need to get studying done, what’s your go-to study cafe in LA?

KE: Getting work done in LA is very difficult because there are no outlets, and if there are no outlets there’s no WiFi, vice versa. So it’s a really big pain. But a really good place is Greendoor on Robertson. It’s the best because there’s outlets and WiFi and there’s four outlets per table… so that would be where I would go if I had to go somewhere. But, for the most part, I would prefer to work at my office.

HC: What’s your best advice for college girls struggling to discover their talents or passions?

KE: I don’t think you have to have the world figured out at twenty-two. If you don’t know what you’re passionate about, try out a lot of different things. I also think to invest a lot of time into yourself and your own life and health. Because the more you know yourself, the more you’ll know what you want to find.

HC: Top 5 beauty products you can’t live without. Go.

KE: 1) IT Cosmetics CC Cream 2) Laniege Lip Sleeping Masks 3) Ole Henriksen Truth Serum 4) Drunk Elephant Luxury Facial Oil 5) Glossier Lip Gloss.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do when you want to unwind and de-stress from school?

KE: So, honestly, my boyfriend comes over, we’re hanging out with my dog, and we’re cooking dinner. I would much prefer not to leave my house ever. I’m a huge homebody.

HC: Give us your #1 College Life Hack.

KE: People learn in different ways. So figure out if you’re a visual learner or however you may learn. And then get a routine within that. I know I learn best with flashcards, like using Quizlet. I’ll learn everything in an hour versus if I were to do something else it would take me seven hours. So I think just finding out how you study and how you learn the best, and then keeping that your routine.

HC: What message do you hope to project to young college women?

KE: Way more than working hard, I would rather people emphasize on overall health. So people taking care of themselves physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, whatever that may be. I feel like it’s really easy to get caught up in social media right now, and “hustle culture” and you feel like you have to network your way to the top and do all this stuff. While some of that is great, I think a lot of that is unhealthy, so I think it’s more so just finding healthy ways to grow and be the best you can be for yourself and for those around you and then figuring out what you want to do.

Thank you to Kenzie Elizabeth for chatting with us! She is an influential role model that female college students can look up to. 

Rebecca (also goes by Bec and Becca) is an English major at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and an Assistant Editorial Director and writer for HC at UCLA. In her free time, she loves a strong oat milk latte at a local LA coffee shop, catching the sunset at the beach and hunting for the perfect breakfast burrito.