Profile: Estefani Rodriguez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Estefani Rodriguez is a third-year political science major who always strives for academic success. A pre-law student, she is already preparing for post-graduation and has set goals for herself to make sure she gets to where she wants to be all while being a well-rounded student.1. What is it about law and politics that fascinates you to pursue a career in the field?

Having the ability to make direct change in under served communities whether it be representing them legally or pushing/creating policies that will improve these communities conditions and further address their needs.2. Aside from law, what else are your passions?

My passions are being a mentor to younger students in particular junior students and high school students, as well as teaching others of access to higher education. I am also passionate about empowering parents to help better their students educational pathway.3. What is a trait in a person that you value the most?

Humbleness is the trait that I value the most because this trait enables people to be able to interact with a diverse range of people. In addition, it makes for a welcoming environment as well as a sincerity to help.4. What is your personal definition of success?

My personal definition of success is finding that career where I would never feel that I go to work because I love what I do. As well as  having the ability to utilize my resources to contribute to underdeveloped community projects, provide for my parents retirement, while still being able to sustain a good living.5. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

In 10 years I see myself with my own private practice in the field of criminal an immigration law. I also see myself running seminars to make others aware of their rights and free clinics to help with legal assistance. As well as owning my own condo or house.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.