Profile: Crystal Mirada

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Crystal Mirada is a 2nd year undeclared major who is currently trying to find the right major for her. Enjoying life at UCLA, Crystal shares with us what she thinks is interesting so check out if you have any similar interests!

1. Tell us about life in your hometown

I’m from San Diego, California and I believe there is so much to do back home. Of course, it’s not Los Angeles status, but having lived my whole life in San Diego, I can’t imagine living in any other city. From roaming downtown to relaxing by the Sunset Cliffs, I get a balance of city life and nature.

2. Are you leaning towards any major or perhaps minor?

I think I like political science but am interested in international affairs, so perhaps either International Development Studies or Global Studies. A couple of these classes overlap so perhaps a double major and minor, but don’t know if it is too late. At least I have options, like taking a 5th year or just take those classes for fun. But I’ll see what I eventually end up choosing.

3. Are you involved in any organizations?

Every now and then I go check out Model United States, but I have not been consistent with attending the general body meetings. My course load is a lot and I feel that I haven’t really committed to anything lately, but I know it’s a matter of making time as well as time management. MUN really interests me but also enjoy running and I’ve gone running with the Running Club a few times.

4. What do you like to do in your spare time?

I feel that I usually don’t have a lot of time but when I do, it’s most likely the usual: eat and watch Netflix, go hang out at my friends’ dorms, nothing much.

5. How do you feel about UCLA in general?

I love UCLA! I love San Diego, but UCLA is definitely my second home. It’s actually just like back home, except in a busier city. I like that I can go out to Westwood because it offers so many things in just walking distance. I’m definitely happy that I chose to go to school here.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.