Haiden performing at the Moroccan Lounge in Los Angeles
Photo by Hanna Blair

Pop Artist Haiden Henderson’s First Headlining Show in LA Proves it Will Not Be His Last

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Pop artist Haiden Henderson — who coins himself as a “one-man boy band” — headlined his first show at the Moroccan Lounge in Los Angeles on February 29 in support of his Choke on My Heart EP, and it will undoubtedly not be his last. Between his captivating stage presence and undeniable musical talent, he exhibits the performance quality of a seasoned professional, despite it being his second-ever gig as a headliner.

By only his second headlining show, Haiden has mastered the art of a pop music setlist: edgy, upbeat tracks balanced with acoustic guitar-heavy ballads that keep fans of both styles dancing all night long. Haiden opened the show with “Pretty Little Addict,” and instantly enthralled the crowd with his high energy and vocal power. A semi-acoustic performance of “Can’t Hurt Me,” was a standout of the night as the room’s excitement spiked each time the band joined in and elevated the song to full production. He played the highly anticipated unreleased track, “Hell of a Good Time,” which he earned 1.3 million views for teasing on TikTok.

The emotion that fuels his songwriting was evident in a passionate rendition of “you don’t even like me.” He added unexpected variety to his setlist with covers of the Jonas Brothers’s “Burnin’ Up” and Coldplay’s “Sparks.” The show closed with Haiden’s biggest song and most electric performance of the night, “Sorry to Your Next Ex” — after which, fans were having so much fun that they chanted for him to play more songs.

While Haiden’s show could survive as one of the greatest of the year based on his talent alone, he truly exceeds with fan engagement and audience interaction, giving his show a personal touch that outperforms other artists. For a slowed-down, acoustic moment in the show, he stepped into the crowd with his guitar and mic and taught the audience to sing along with him in duet style. He sported genuine awe when a fan held up a sign — it was the first time he’d spotted a sign in his crowd — and asked anyone else who brought one to hold it up, then read them all aloud. Above all, he recognizes that his fans — who knew every word and sang them passionately — are lyric-based listeners, and took every opportunity to share anecdotes about his most beloved song lyrics. While his catchy choruses and vocal talent display his artistry, his relationship with his fan base displays his authentic humility.

From the drum beats of his rock-inspired songs to the guitar strums of his spellbinding ballads, Haiden’s headlining show is a cathartic experience — and the tearful smiles on his fans’ faces prove it.  If there is one up-and-coming pop artist who should demand your attention, it is Haiden Henderson, who will undoubtedly dominate LA’s live music scene as a headliner for many years to come.

Hanna is an English major at UCLA, from Los Angeles, California. She loves traveling, attending concerts, and writing about her favorite music.