ArticleJPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ArticleJPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Renée Lee, Mikee Lachica
Style > Beauty

Our Favorite Haircare Products From Beautycon Festival LA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Her Campus at UCLA had the opportunity to attend Beautycon Festival LA, the world’s premier fashion, beauty and lifestyle for fans, brands and creators. The Los Angeles Convention Center was flooded with brands – both high end to small business owned – and not a single guest left the event empty-handed. We got a chance to snatch a few advice and products for hair care. Ladies, we have all had our terrible hair days. This past weekend, we learned from hair experts that shampoo and conditioner are not enough. With a little help from our friends from Beautycon Festival LA this year, we can now say farewell to #BadHairDays and hello to salon-style hairdos! Here are our top 5 hair products from Beautycon this year:   

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter & Biotin Leave-In Conditioner

The brand Palmer’s is known for their signature cocoa butter scent. So when we sampled the leave-in conditioner on our hair, the unique and recognizable scent of cocoa butter instantly filled the air. Aside from its delicious scent, Palmer’s also takes pride in not having any harmful chemicals in their products such as Sulfates, Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Gluten, Dyes, Silicones. It is all just #SustainableCocoa. You can find Palmer’s Cocoa Butter and Biotin Leave-In Conditioner at sallybeauty.com or get it directly here.

Kiss Argan & Macadamia Hair Oil

Kiss Products, Inc. is known for quality nail, lash and cosmetic products. The salon experience can be out of the college budget, so we are excited to share that Kiss is able to bring that salon-experience right to your home! At Beautycon Festival LA, we got our hands on their Argan and Macadamia Hair Oil. A little goes a long way with this one, and it just takes a small application on the tips of your hair to add moisture and nourishment to it. Kiss also takes pride in their products not having the 7 harsh chemicals: No Sodium Chloride, No Paraffin, No Paraben, No Mineral Oil, No Sulfate, No Synthetic Color, No Phthalates. You can find Kiss Argan and Macadamia Hair Oil on kisscolors.com or go directly here.

Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother

Want a salon blow-out hairdo without paying the price? Or do you even want to just avoid static hair during humid days? Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother helps style hair faster and combats of 12 hour-humidity. Infused with fresh spicy citrus-floral, its scent adds a layer of freshness and bounce to your hair. For the best results, use the style-prep smoother on damp hair and blow dry for that salon effect. You can find Aveda’s Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother on aveda.com or go directly here.

Camille Rose Honey “Leave-In Collection”

When a founder makes her products out of love and passion, you know it is a brand to be trusted. Founder and self-proclaimed foodie, Janell Stephens, incorporates her love for food into creating all-natural products. They are quickly hitting the shelves as consumers turn to Camille Rose for their go-to products. They are safe, effective and made from the highest quality ingredients. You can find Camille Rose Honey “Leave-In Collection” on camillerose.com or go directly here.

Renpure Rose Water Weightless Hydration Shampoo

Rose water sprays for your face are currently trending so when we heard that Renpure created rosewater shampoo, we were ecstatic. Shampoo is the basis of all clean and healthy hair, but making sure you are using products that are both hydrating and cleansing could be a real challenge. Renpure’s plant-based beauty prides itself of containing zero sulfates, parabens, dyes, gluten, phthalates, propylene glycol or bad vibes. You can find Renpure in local retailers like Target, Amazon, Walmart, CVS and Walgreens!

Renée is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and served as the HCUCLA Editor in Chief and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is passionate about storytelling and pushing for more Asian American representation in fashion and entertainment. 
Mikee is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and served as the HCUCLA President and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is a lover of all things pink, aesthetic, and good storytelling. In her spare time pre-pandemic, you would find her watching a good rom-com movie, going to Disneyland, exploring more of Los Angeles through coffee shops, brunch places, and events, or playing with her puppy, Snowie! During the pandemic, she enjoys graphic designing on her iPad (and watching even more rom-coms with Snowie). Currently, Mikee is bringing Disney+ moments to life through world-class campaigns at The Walt Disney Company and earning her Master's Degree in Communication Management at the University of Southern California (USC). Contact Mikee via email at mikeejoycelachica@gmail.com or visit her portfolio at http://mklchc.co