Life > Experiences

Never Have I Ever: Galentine’s Party Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Never Have I Ever is such a universal and fun game, something that you play from elementary school age until college and beyond. Of course, the topics and questions change as you get older, reflecting the lifestyle changes that come with every phase of life.

Playing this game is often so funny, especially when the questions are good and engaging. However, it can be hard to think of things on the spot, and oftentimes when I play this game we all end up looking up questions on our phones for lack of our own ideas.

If you’ve never played this game, the premise is simple. You and your friends each put ten fingers up, and go around in a circle saying things that you have never done. And if you have done what they said, you put a finger down. The first person to put all ten fingers down loses. For example, someone says, “Never have I ever been in a sorority,” and you had, you would put a finger down.

As I said, this game can be so much fun, and with Galentine’s Day coming up, I think that this would be a great activity to incorporate into any Galentine’s functions. These questions are always so fun because the stories related to each scenario are always shared, and it can be so hilarious to hear about these stories. So, I wanted to share some of my funniest questions for this game that should get those funny stories flowing!

1. Never Have I Ever Ghosted Someone

Sometimes it’s necessary.

2. Never Have I Ever Been Ghosted

Happens to the best of us.

3. Never Have I Ever Tried Texting My Friend Something About a Romantic Interest And Accidentally Sent It To Them Instead

I did this once and it was the most embarrassing moment of my life (it’s one of those moments that plays on repeat when I can’t fall asleep).

4. Never Have I Ever Had Someone Ask Me To Be Their Girlfriend On The First Date

Honestly the amount of times I’ve heard a story like this is alarming.

5. Never Have I Ever Been On A Blind Date

It always ends up being an awesome time or a miserable one, no in-between.

6. Never Have I Ever Used A Fake Excuse To Leave A Date Early

This always works in a pinch.

7. Never Have I Ever Thrown Up On A Date

I wish I didn’t have to put a finger down for this one.

8. Never Have I Ever Drunk Called An Ex

We’ve all been there.

9. Never Have I Ever Had A Situationship

Our strongest soldiers.

10. Never Have I Ever Hit Up A Random Stranger

Honestly, I love these vibes and everyone should do this more. You never know what could happen, and worst case scenario they say no (but at least you have a good story!).

11. Never Have I Ever Homie Hopped

Always some funny stories here.

12. Never Have I Ever Been Part Of A Two-Man

Again, always some funny stories here.

13. Never Have I Ever Been Dumped On A Holiday (Bonus Points for Valentines!)

They couldn’t have just waited one more day?!

Now you have some solid inspiration for a Galentine’s game of Never Have I Ever. I hope you found a couple questions you’ll be asking, and have a Happy Galentine’s!

Maia Hull

UCLA '26

Maia is a second year microbiology and immunology major and mathematics minor from San Diego, CA. She loves to read and write, snowboard, go swimming, and hang out with friends, as well as the occasional shopping spree.