This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s April, which means it’s almost time for the world’s largest youth empowerment event—WE Day. WE Day 2019 will bring together thousands of students across California to educate them about and to stimulate social change.

WE Day is an event made up of a combination of live performances and conversations about leadership and social change. In the past, WE Day has seen attendees like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, Jennifer Aniston and more!

The performers to be seen at WE Day 2019 will be announced throughout the upcoming weeks, but one attendee is confirmed: Neil Patrick Harris will be joining the event as a host. The actor, producer and singer spoke about his excitement and passion for WE Day: “I’m incredibly inspired by the accomplishments of today’s young people and their ambition to change the world for the better,” Harris said in the announcement. “This new generation deserves to be celebrated for all the positive impactful change they are making, and I’m very happy to be a part of the celebration by hosting WE Day California.”

WE Day will be taking place on April 25th, 2019 at The Forum in Inglewood, and only students who have been deeply involved in a local or global issue will be invited. But fear not! The event will be nationally televised on ABC on Friday, August 9, at 8PM ET/ 7PM CT. 

It’s time to learn more about social change and the power of our youth. Get excited for Neil Patrick Harris and his involvement with WE Day 2019 coming soon! 

Kalysa was the 2020-21 Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent for the UCLA chapter of Her Campus. She was also previously a Senior Editor and Feature Writer for the chapter. On the rare occasion she's not busy studying for school or writing for Her Campus, you'll probably find her indulging in tiramisu or reading (and re-reading) her favorite novels. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.