Nails! Nails! Nails!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Unique nail polish designs have been catching on like wild fire. The good old-fashioned plain one- color-on-all-ten-nails trend just won’t do it anymore. Here are a couple of patterns and designs that can help you mix up your usual nail routine. Also featured are three of my favorite nail blogs!

1. Ombre Nails-This trend is spreading from hair to nails! There are a couple different ways of doing it. You can paint each nail a different color from dark to light to create an ombre effect that way. Another option is to do an ombre on each and every nail. If you’re feeling really artsy, you can even do a glitter ombre!
  2. Animal Print Nails-One of my favorite prints for just about anything is leopard print. I was stoked to find out how easy it is to do leopard print or even zebra print nails with nail polish pens. This is easier to use than nail polish itself because you have more control than using a wide brush. Now you can explore this pattern with tons of different colors!
  3. Glitter Nails-An all time classic for me is the glitter nails. I feel like glitter top coats add the perfect finishing touch to any manicure and they instantly attract more attention to your newly done nails!
  4. Accent Nails-This trend has just recently caught on. Accent nails can mean painting just one or two nails a different color than all the rest. It can also include doing a pattern on one or a couple nails and not the rest. In all, it means putting an accent on just one or two nails to make it stand out from the others. My personal favorite accent is doing all my nails one color and adding glitter to one nail on each hand.
  5. Fabric Nails-This is the newest nail trend that I’ve heard of. Many people have started using unique fabrics to put on top of colored nails. For example, lace works very well because you can still see the base color through the lace. Fabrics like this that are somewhat see through are usually best for this design!

Also, here are the links to a few of my favorite nail blogs. I have the pleasure of knowing the first nail artist personally as she is a very talented friend of mine. The second artist is the sister of a dear friend (who also happens to be very artistic herself!) and who has inspired me to take better care of my nails and put more effort into chic designs as she has changed her nails every days for one whole year (amazing huh?!)! The last site was just another nail polish blog I loved, not only because of its catchy name, but also for the artist’s creativity! Check them out for some more ideas on cute nail designs and colors!

http://sandipalien.blogspot.com/

http://www.365-days-of-color.com/

http://gettinnailed.blogspot.com/

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.