My Finals Week vs. the HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

So now that we’re done with finals week (YAY), I have the time to tell you the fun little story about how the #HCSurvivalKit saved me this week. To set the scene, picture a sleep-deprived, stressed out girl in YRL during finals week – AKA everyone there. I was studying my notes for my third final of the week when I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of my computer screen. It was one of those slow motion sort of realizations where I saw myself, but it took me a while to register that it was actually me. There sat a girl with her hair greasy and tangled, eyes framed with less-than-gorgeous dark circles, and wrapped in an admittedly very comfy Vera Bradley blanket. Yikes…how long have I looked like this?! And how long has it been since I showered? Thankfully, I had brought along some of the items HerCampus had sent me in the Survival Kit.

So I ran into the bathroom and whipped out the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to make me look more human and less lion. Then, I washed my face with some Proactiv and threw on some of Michael Kors’s 24K Brilliant Gold-Scented Flash Tatoo so I would look (and smell) a little fresher. Important sidenote: I am NOT normally this gross.

After feeling slightly refreshed, I realized I had missed my last meal thanks to the fact that SWIPES STILL AREN’T ACCEPTED ON CAMPUS (UGH). But I filled up my new Sorel water bottle, which kept my water super duper cold. I cannot stress this enough: cold water during finals week is uber underrated. Sorry to go off track a little, my brain is still recovering. Anyways, no food. Thank goodness HC sent me a Chipotle BOGO and Free Entrée Card because I needed a double meal to make up for however many I had missed by that point. Also, being able to get free food during finals? AMAZING! What college student isn’t broke by the end of the quarter? 

Despite being a hot mess all week, these little life savers from Her Campus made all the difference. Finally it’s back to reality, and I can take real showers and eat regular meals. It’s the little things that count. Really. Happy Winter Break, y’all!

Julie is a second-year undergraduate student at UCLA. Her passions include tennis, (watching) ice hockey, eating far too many delicious foods, dancing around like an idiot with her friends, and being overly sassy. She aspires to work in pretty much any realm of sports.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.