My Favorite Episodes of Brittany Broski’s Podcast, Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I’ll be the first to admit it: I’m a Brittany Broski fanatic. A proud member of the Broski Nation, if you will. I discovered her podcast in the dregs of late summer, in the achingly long days of the last few weeks before I went off to college. My favorite hobby at the time was Hot Girl Walks, but I was beginning to grow bored and drained from listening to the same self-help podcasts I frequent.

I first listened to her podcast during one of my walks, and kid you not, almost peed my pants on the side of the road from laughing so hard.

It’s like having a conversation with your best friend, where at some points you’re either having an intensely intellectual conversation, rolling around and screaming at the walls, or opening up about aspects of your life you thought you’d never share. On Brittany’s podcast, no topic is out of bounds. From talking about her confusion on the creation of clam chowder to her undying love for fantasy romance novels, here are my favorite episodes of Brittany Broski’s podcast, The Broski Report with Brittany Broski, ranked.

5. Episode 19: Why I Left the Christian Church

To describe this episode in one word: roller coaster. She talks about her favorite Call of Duty cosplayer (spoiler alert: she found out he has an OnlyFans – yes, she was shocked). She then explores Ethel Cain’s concept album Preacher’s Daughter, talking both about the biblical context of the album and dissecting lyrics of songs. She then goes on to talk about how growing up in the South and her connection to American Christianity shaped her identity, but also the reasons behind why she decided to leave the Christian church. This episode is not only funny, but intensely and eloquently introspective, giving you a real sense of who Brittany is and what she’s all about. This episode also features one of my favorite quotes of all time (featured below).

4. Episode 27: Free Me from Jacob Elordi

This episode clickbaited me a little bit, but in a good way. In this episode, Brittany deep dives into the movie Priscilla – specifically her appreciation for its storytelling, its cinematography, and its portrayal of Priscilla’s life. She gives a summary of not only the movie, but of Elvis and Priscilla’s lives – unpacking the development of their relationship, and Priscilla’s transition from adolescence into adulthood with an identity built upon her association with Elvis. I know it sounds deep, but trust, it’s still hilarious.

3. Episode 29: The Demented Psychology of Being a Fangirl

In this episode, Brittany explains her love for the most recent white boy of the month at the time, Tom Blyth, goes into why she believes fangirls are the backbone of Hollywood and the entertainment industry, and dissects the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes and the Hunger Games series at large. 

In the beginning of the episode, she starts off by quoting her own Instagram story, a quote I think about regularly now:

“Is it my predetermined punishment to be forever shackled to the wrist of these white men of the month? When will I be free of them, when will I see the sun and feel its warmth once more, when will I have an explore page that passes the Bechdel test, when will I know true peace?”

2. Episode 20: Chernobyl and Wattpad Lore

In this episode, Brittany explains her Roman Empire: Chernobyl. She gives a well-explained summary of the historical event and the cultural and societal impacts of its aftermath. This somehow transitions into explaining TikTok fanfiction, Wattpad lore, and her distaste for the “broken men” trope from past dating experiences. Also in this episode, Brittany speaks on how she refuses to dull who she is for the sake of making another man comfortable (I love this video and I come back to this video regularly).

1. Episode 14: I Took an Edible

I am a personal believer that this is the funniest podcast episode I’ve ever listened to in my life. She prefaces the episode by explaining she took an edible, to then go into her most recent obsession: Sleep Token, a British rock band of masked men. She then somehow ends up explaining the entirety of the story of Dante’s Inferno. This episode was also the origin of one of my favorite TikTok audios.

All in all, Brittany Broski’s podcast, The Broski Report with Brittany Broski, is hilarious, honest, introspective, and witty. Whether it be discussing the most recent white boy of the month, unpacking the lore of a complicated fanfiction plot, or going through impressively well-explained summaries of historical events, it has something for everyone, and hopefully, something for you too!

Annie is a first-year student at UCLA from Connecticut majoring in Political Science and Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences. In her free time she loves dancing, working out, and baking.