My Dream Cast For ‘The White Lotus’ Season 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s been almost a full year since we checked out of Sicily in the shocking Season 2 Finale of The White Lotus. But we may not be returning to paradise as soon as we think: the next installment of the HBO series has been pushed from 2024 to 2025. While we can’t start packing our bags for Thailand just yet, casting is currently underway for 13 new characters. The possibilities are truly endless (a buzzcut Harry Styles could even be in the cards).

Because The White Lotus is a dramedy, not just anyone can fit the vibe of the show. Actors must keep us on the edge of our seats and make us laugh. Although nobody could ever truly replace the legendary Jennifer Coolidge, I have compiled a list of my top eight casting picks for The White Lotus Season Three.

Kim Cattrall

Even though I’m still a bit bummed Samantha Jones isn’t a recurring character in And Just Like That…, I’m hoping this could give Kim Cattrall the time in her schedule to make an appearance on The White Lotus. While playing Samantha, Cattrall managed to perfectly blend raunchy humor and emotional depth. I would absolutely love to see Cattrall channel that energy in a project as fabulous as she is in real life and on TV. By bringing her classic Sex and the City flair with a new twist, she could even be the perfect fit to play Tanya’s sister.

Rachel Sennott and Ayo Edebiri

Rachel Sennott and Ayo Edebiri are the dynamic duo that season three needs. They have undeniable chemistry both on-and-off-screen: the two have shared the cutest friendship IRL years before costarring in Bottoms this summer. In addition to their impeccable comedic timing, both Sennott and Edebiri flexed their serious acting chops in respective projects Shiva Baby and The Bear. I’m seriously hoping that these two insanely talented besties take on The White Lotus together (and I really need Rachel Sennott to bring the “your parents are upper middle class” from Bodies Bodies Bodies back).

Zosia Mamet

If you’ve watched Girls, you know that Shoshanna was the backbone of the show. Even though all of the characters are undeniably insufferable in their own ways, Zosia Mamet always found a way to make her character just as funny as she was ridiculous. In The Flight Attendant, Mamet did a complete 180 and had me glued to my screen in suspense. Mamet would definitely fit right in with the kooky guests at The White Lotus Hotel, even if some would see her as a little unstimulating.

Sandra Oh

I’ve actually never watched Grey’s Anatomy, so I found Sandra Oh through a different show: Killing Eve. Oh was absolute magic as the titular Eve, and I know she would making a killing (see what I did there) in The White Lotus. The White Lotus finally gave Jennifer Coolidge her well-deserved praise for such a stacked career, and I think Oh is another arguably underrated actress who would benefit from getting her long-overdue (lotus) flowers. Plus, I want to see her sillier side shine– her “the queen is coming” scene in The Princess Diaries lives rent-free in my head.

Andrew Barth Feldman

Andrew Barth Feldman made a serious splash this summer in No Hard Feelings. Barth Feldman managed to keep up with the Jennifer Lawrence through line delivery alone, so I am confident he could stand out in an A-list ensemble. He has nailed the awkward teenage boy persona, so I could envision him as a nerdy son begrudgingly tagging along on a family vacation. Plus, Barth Feldman could return to his Broadway roots and lend some vocals to the theme song.

Janelle James

Even though anyone from the Abbott Elementary crew would be a fantastic addition to the cast (I can already see Tyler James Williams side-eyeing the annoying resort patrons), Janelle James would especially thrive in The White Lotus. She absolutely kills it as Principal Ava Coleman and never fails to make me laugh out loud. The White Lotus needs iconic quotes, and James is the queen of hysterically memorable one-liners. Principal Ava should just redistribute school funds again and take a much-needed vacation to The White Lotus.

Max Greenfield

Nearly every character on The White Lotus deserves their very own Douchebag Jar, so who better to keep that jar full than Schmidt himself? I’ve missed seeing Schmidt on my screen since finishing New Girl, so I would be thrilled to see Max Greenfield tap back into his Schmidt-ergy for The White Lotus. But Greenfield is much more than just Schmidt: he has also shown his ability to convincingly portray extremely hatable characters in projects like Promising Young Woman. Max Greenfield, please pack your driving moccasins and book a ticket to paradise.

Dakota Johnson (as herself)

If her iconic appearance on The Ellen Show or her complicated relationship with limes is not enough proof that Dakota Johnson simply belongs in The White Lotus universe, then I don’t know what is.

So who knows – maybe I’m just predicting the future, and this article will age like fine wine. And maybe hopefully, my dream cast list will become a reality. Take notes, Mike White.

Mallory is a second year English major from Los Angeles, California. She loves thrifting, traveling, and listening to Taylor Swift.