burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

MET 2018: Our Favorite Looks from the Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Essentially the celebrity-studded, couture version of your high school prom, the Met Gala (according to the NY Times) is a “a black-tie extravaganza held [by the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute benefit] the first Monday in May to raise money for the Costume Institute.” Each year, thousands of people stream the red carpet live, awaiting the red carpet looks that (try to) follow the theme of the year’s newest Met exhibition. This year’s theme? “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” Check out some of our favorite looks from the night below (you especially won’t want to miss Cardi B).

Amal Clooney wearing Richard Quinn.

Ashley Graham wearing Prabal Gurung.

​Zendaya in Versace with Tiffany & Co jewelry.

Jeremy Scott and Cardi B wearing Moschino.  

Blake Lively wearing Versace.

Priyanka Chopra wearing Ralph Lauren.

Kendall Jenner wearing Off-White with Tiffany & Co jewelry.

Katie is a Junior studying Communications at UCLA. In her spare time, she can be found blogging (katiexkim) and almost always reading the latest edition of Vogue.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.