Style > Fashion

Make A Difference: Shop These 4 Jewelry Brands To Support the LGBTQIA+ Community

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Looking for ways to contribute to uplifting LGBQ+ rights this Pride Month? One way to do so is by choosing to shop from jewelry brands that actively support LGBTQ+ rights. Plus, it’s a win-win for you because you can buy new accessories while making a positive impact! Here are four jewelry brands that you can shop from this Pride Month to help foster a more inclusive world:

Enso Rings

Enso Rings sells versatile silicone rings, ranging from casual use to wedding proposals. A percentage of every Pride LOVE ring ($40) is donated to Encircle, an LGBTQ+ youth and family resource. Enso Rings also sells other rings in collaboration with Encircle to promote the organization’s name.

ARSN The Label

Founded by queer couple Shay Ericksen and Kaila Rhubright, ARSN The Label is donating 10% of all sale proceeds during Pride Month. Their accessories include cool rings like Your Rolex Doesn’t Impress Me ($58) and gorgeous earrings like Innocent Sins ($44). The accessories are on the pricier side so I recommend purchasing them for special occasions like birthday gifts this month!

Pura Vida Bracelets

Pura Vida Bracelets is a jewelry company founded in Costa Rica. It sells handmade accessories from artisans around the world! My personal favorite is the Pride Bracelet, which is very cheap for only $7 each and $18 for three. Although they’re handmade, they’re durable and waterproof. 5% of the purchase will be donated towards the Trevor Project, a nonprofit providing suicide prevention services for LGBTQ+ youth. They also sell other cool accessories like rainbow ankle bracelets so I highly recommend browsing through their website for more options!

BlackQueerMagic

As the name suggests, BlackQueerMagic’s Queer AF Collection is coming soon! It will include a wide range of accessories from studs to necklaces, stamped with words expressing gender feels/moods/experiences. With prices starting at $45, their accessories may be on the more expensive side but are custom-made so they’re worth it!

Take a minute to check out these four jewelry brands that support the LGBTQ+ community. Conscious consumerism has the potential to change power dynamics. Let’s be conscious about who we consume from to make a positive difference this Pride Month!

Rio is a third-year UCLA business economics student from Japan. In her free time, you can find her hiking, dancing away at concerts, or cafe-hopping!