Life > Experiences

Lights, Camera, Action! 6 L.A. Red Carpet Premieres To Scope Out This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Calling all Angelenos: feeling bored these winter months? Looking for something fun and free to do? Desperate to sneak a peak at your favorite celebrities–maybe even capture some Insta-worthy photos? We’ve got you covered. 

Movie and television premieres happen weekly across L.A., and we are bringing you the inside scoop on which ones are coming up, and if available, where they’ll be, so that you and your best gals can get that golden celeb clout!

The Mandalorian Season 3

When? Tuesday, February 28th – time TBA (likely between 5 PM and 6:30 PM).

Where? El Capitan Theatre.

Even if you’re not a Star Wars fan, you won’t want to miss out on this opportunity to see Pedro Pascal decked out in a suit and tie. The A-list actor, plus others like Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Amy Sedaris and more are expected to be there. El Capitan Theatre is located in the heart of Hollywood, so don’t miss out!

Party Down: Season 3

When? Wednesday, February 22nd – time TBA (likely between 5 PM and 6:30 PM).

Where? Regency Village Fox Theatre.

This dramedy has slipped under the radar for many–especially since it has been over a decade since the last season. Its 2023 comeback is huge. The show is both hilarious and perfectly L.A.-coded, and a new season brings back Adam Scott, Ken Marino, Jane Lynch, Martin Starr, Ryan Hansen and Megan Mullally. Be sure to catch all these starts in Westwood this week!

Scream VI

When? Monday, March 6th – time TBA (likely between 5 PM and 6:30 PM).

Where? TBA.

Melissa Barrera, Courteney Cox, Jenna Ortega and Jasmin Savoy Brown? I don’t know about you guys, but this is my dream blunt rotation. Keep your Monday open, because you won’t want to miss this celebrity encounter. The power the red carpet will hold on this night—I already know all four women will absolutely SERVE. 

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

When? Tuesday, April 4th – time TBA (likely between 5 PM and 6:30 PM).

Where? TBA.

Not only will this film revive my childhood, but it features our girlboss queen icon Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach, alongside Chris Pratt, Jack Black and Charlie Day. It’s unbelievably star-studded and likely to attract all sorts of fans—so get there quickly to snap those celebrity selfies!

Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.

When? Monday, April 24th – time TBA (likely between 5 PM and 6:30 PM).

Where? TBA.

This coming-of-age film is based on the Judy Blume novel of the same name. It features everyone’s favorite Mean Girls star Rachel McAdams alongside Kathy Bates, Benny Safdie and Abby Ryder Fortson. If the movie doesn’t make you cry, maybe seeing these big-name actors on the red carpet will.

The Little Mermaid

When? Monday, May 22th – time TBA (likely between 5 PM and 6:30 PM).

Where? TBA.

Another childhood revival, this movie is for the girls and the girls ONLY! With Halle Bailey, Melissa McCarthy, Jonah Hauer-King and Javier Bardem, I have no doubt it will be worth the watch. Or, at the very least, the movie premiere will be worth checking out. I intend to sing along to The Little Mermaid soundtrack the entire drive to the theater.

We hope this list gives you L.A. locals some exciting and free things to do these next couple of months. After all, there is no better place to chase that celebrity clout than on the red carpet!

Amelia is a Chicago-native English major. Other than writing articles for Her Campus at UCLA, she enjoys speculative fiction, binging A24 films, and dissecting characters on the Personality Database.