Leonard Nimoy dies at age 83

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Leonard Nimoy, iconically known as “Spock” from Star Trek, and his wife, Susan Nimoy, have been longtime supporters of the performing arts at UCLA, supporting diverse organizations such as the Center for the Art of Performance at UCLA, the Hammer Museum, and UCLA’s Artist Fellow Programs. Nimoy was set to attend an artist talk with the executive direct of the Center for the Art of Performance, Kristy Edmunds, on April 10th. Unfortunately, he passed away Friday, February 27th at the age of 83.

As a supporter of the performing arts at UCLA, he will surely hold a special place on our campus. Refunds for the April 10th event are available, though ticket holders also have the option of contributing their ticket expenses to CAP UCLA’s Artist-in-Residence program in Nimoy’s name. 

To read more, visit here.

Article thumbnail photo source.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.