Lazy-Girl Fitness Tips (College Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Not a big fan of sweating and exerting yourself but still want to be in shape? Below are a few tips to help you be the fittest lazy girl around. 

1. Go For 20: Not in the mood to go to the gym? Dedicate just 15-20 minutes to a cardio workout. 

2. Walk, Walk, Walk: You don’t have to just exercise in a gym. Walking can be just as beneficial as a cardio workout. Take the stairs. Walk to class (which is a workout in itself). Go for hikes. Walk to Westwood Village. Just find a way to move as much as you can during the day. 

3. Go With Friends: Making exercise part of your social life will make working out more enjoyable as well as motivate you to have a consistent workout plan. 

4. Lift Weights: Incorporate weight-training exercise into your workout to see ample results. The weight room at the Wooden Center may seem like a scary place so grab some dumbbells and workout in the outdoor area. It’s a little less intimidating!  

5. Pull A Rope: The rope pulling machine, located in the John Wooden Center at UCLA, is perfect for any lazy girl.  It combines cardio with strength-training and burns an insanely high number of calories. All you have to do is sit and pull a rope. It’s as simple as that… but with amazing fitness results! 

6. Baby Steps: Jumping into a repetitive and strenuous exercise routine may be boring and eventually lead to failure, especially if you do not enjoy working out to begin.  Start by making small changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going to the gym a few times a week.  

Rachel Bernard is a freshman at UCLA and pursuing a degree in Communication Studies.  Besides being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCLA, Rachel has a style blog called Miss City Chic, which she uses as a creative outlet to connect her interests in fashion, photography, and digital design. Rachel loves anything trendy and fashion-related. She also enjoys exploring the LA community. Her favorite hotspots in LA are Sprinkles Cupcakes, Kitson, Runyon Canyon, and The Ivy Restaurant. Email: rkbernard@comcast.netWebsite: www.misscitychic.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.