This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Famed celebrity stylist Law Roach announced his retirement from celebrity styling via Instagram this week, leaving the fashion industry and fans (like me!) devastated. Roach has styled many of Hollywood’s biggest names — Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Anne Hathaway and Anya Taylor-Joy, for example. However, he is most well known for his partnership with Zendaya, who he has styled since she was a 14-year-old Disney star. Roach revealed he had been on the cusp of retirement for a while, and he finally decided to throw in the towel after a culmination of unhappiness and stress in the aftermath of the Oscars.

In honor of one of fashion’s most talented stars retiring, here are a few signature Law Roach looks that blew my mind:

Zendaya in Balmain

This is one of my all time favorite Law Roach and Zendaya collaborations. Everything about this look screams old glam and vintage Hollywood.

For the 2022 NAACP Image Awards, Roach styled the actress in a strapless vintage Balmain gown handpicked from the brand’s 1956 couture collection. Bulgari diamond earrings were used to complete the look for classic 1950s Hollywood appeal. Roach did well to create stunning perfection with simple styling to embody the elegance that Balmain represents.

Ariana Grande in Giambattista Valli

Ariana Grande never misses at the Grammy’s, and her cascading princess gown from the 2020 show was no exception.

She partnered with Roach in choosing a strapless tulle delicacy with a three-tiered skirt from Giambattista Valli. The light gray gown was the standout choice to highlight the singer’s five Grammy nominations. Grande appeared as the true princess she is as Roach chose to add silk opera gloves and diamond studs to finish the look. The cut of the gown, the simplicity in accessories and the signature Ariana Grande ponytail combined is chef’s kiss.

Anya Taylor-Joy in dior

Anya Taylor-Joy in Dior? Yes please!

Roach opted for a 1970’s retro recreation when choosing Taylor-Joy’s outfit for the 2021 Golden Globe Awards, where she won Best Actress for her role as Beth Harmon in The Queen’s Gambit. Roach partnered with Dior’s creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri to style Taylor-Joy in a stunning emerald gown and matching cape. The result was a beautiful culmination of emerald shine and diamonds wrapped in the luxury of Hollywood glam

ZENDAYA IN GIORGIO ARMANI

Zendaya and Law Roach are a match made in heaven, and I will live by this belief for the rest of my days. Zendaya has been showing out during awards season this year, but her styling for the 29th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards was impeccable. Roach worked with both Giorgio Armani and Bulgari to bring us this stunning masterpiece of light pink silk and crystals. The gown itself is a nod towards softer, romantic tones with a hint of pale blue silk tied with black crystal detailing. This was the actress’s second look at the event, which she wore to present the award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a miniseries or television movie.

ZENDAYA IN VALENTINO

Surprise, surprise, another Zendaya stunner! Her partnership with Valentino is one of the most successful celebrity-fashion house pairings, and Roach has done an incredible job of styling the actress in some of the brand’s best couture. In a twist of business casual meets Oscars glam, Roach chose a Valentino cropped silk button-down and a silver sequined skirt with a small train to accentuate the actress’ silhouette. Pair it with wrist-wrapping bracelets and silver jewelry, and what do you get? A simple yet glamorous outfit fit for a star.

MEGAN THEE STALLION IN BACH MAI

Megan Thee Stallion made a jaw-dropping return to the red carpet at the Vanity Fair Oscar party draped in a ravishing black number by Bach Mai. The singer collaborated with Roach to bring a strapless, mermaid-style evening gown to life on the red carpet in a black version of the look from Bach Mai’s Fall/Winter 2023 Ready-to-Wear collection. Roach’s styling embodied classic elegance as Megan embraced her natural curls and accessorized with light silver jewelry.

zendaya in Valentino (AGAIN)

I know what you’re thinking. Another Zendaya look? Again? I really can’t help it — nothing tops Law Roach and Zendaya together. Zendaya walked the red carpet for the 29th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in a custom-designed Valentino classic of pink silk and roses. The gown featured a train decorated with 190 silk rosettes with a bustier top and trumpet silhouette. Roach’s partnership with Valentino creative director Pier Paolo Piccioli has resulted in wonders, and this gown is one of the duo’s many fashion masterpieces. And of course, the look wouldn’t be completed without a set of Bulgari jewels. This time, Roach opted for a diamond necklace with three large gems.

These seven triumph’s of Law Roach’s impeccable taste and keen eye are just a few of the many successes he has brought to life on the red carpet. From high-end luxury brand to up and coming fashion starters, Roach has never failed to bring his best when styling celebrities for big events. While I am absolutely heartbroken to see this icon retire, I wish him all the best with his future fashion endeavors.

Megha is currently a third year global studies major with a passion for digital journalism at UCLA. She loves exploring the arts beyond writing, including photography, graphic design, and painting. In her free time, she loves reading classic literature, making jewelry, and learning new languages!