7DDC8383 AB00 487B BF66 23D49F368096jpeg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
7DDC8383 AB00 487B BF66 23D49F368096jpeg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Renée Lee, The LadyGang
Wellness

The LadyGang Hosts Barry’s Bootcamp Workout Class For Children’s Hospital Los Angeles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

On March 24th, a warm Sunday afternoon, LadyGang members Keltie Knight, Becca Tobin and Jac Vanek hosted a fabulous class at Barry’s Bootcamp in Venice to raise money for Children’s Hospital Los Angeles’ Make March Matter campaign. The campaign is a month-long initiative, raising critical funds to provide life-saving care to over 500,000 children per year. With a goal of raising $1 million during the month of March, the Make March Matter campaign aims to bring people together to support an amazing cause that helps maintain programs and services at CHLA, in order to build healthier futures for children. By dining, shopping and working out at the amazing companies supporting the initiative, you are helping not only raise funds for the hospital, but also providing support for the children in care at CHLA. We had the opportunity to participate in this amazing event, and were excited to attend our first class at Barry’s.  

In a completely sold out session, the LadyGang ladies joined their friends, fans and family to provide the ultimate workout class for supporters of the cause. Our instructor was McKenzie Anderson, and she brought a lot of energy into the room. The 50-minute workout was split between floor training using resistance bands and hand weights, and doing cardio on the treadmill. After spending 15 minutes on the floor, we spent the next 15 minutes on the treadmill, alternating from walking to jogging to sprinting. We then moved back to the floor for another 10 minute round, and we finished off the workout with 10 more minutes on the treadmill. Our instructor encouraged us all to stretch once the workout was over. The participants ranged from first timers to workout pros; it was perfect for everyone, and modifications were encouraged for those more on the beginner side.

Before breaking a sweat, we got the chance to interview the three boss ladies. They shared some insight into their LadyGang TV show, the inspiration behind the charity event and some advice for aspiring boss ladies like the women themselves. Check out the entire interview below!

The Children’s Hospital Los Angeles aims to create hope and build healthier futures for children. This year is the fourth year of the Make March Matter campaign, and in that time, events like these have raised over 5 million dollars. If you want to support the cause, check out www.MakeMarchMatter.org​ to make a donation or find many events that you will love! Be sure to tag @MakeMarchMatter and #MakeMarchMatter to show your support. Before leaving, we received goodie bags full of adorable products that also advocated self-care and health.  

We left the workout class feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. It was an inspiring event all in the name of a good cause! The workout was hard, the vibes were great and overall, the LadyGang raised $2,500 for Make March Matter!   

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Renée is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and served as the HCUCLA Editor in Chief and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is passionate about storytelling and pushing for more Asian American representation in fashion and entertainment. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.