Justin Timberlake Showscases Memphis Roots with Chris Stapleton at CMAs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

While Justin Timberlake is typically known for his suave pop songs, his performance alongside best new artist of the year Chris Stapleton at this Wednesday’s CMAs showed Timberlake’s incredibly versatile musical talent. Timberlake really brought the country-soul vibe of his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee with his and Stapleton’s performance of his own “Drink You Away” and Stapleton’s “Tennessee Whiskey.”  The two complimented each other wonderfully, combining their unique Memphis and Nashville styles. Their energy and passion for the music and graceful harmonizing stole the show. 

Image source: Bilboard.com 

Sarah Ahern is a sophomore at UC Irvine studying literary journalism. Aside from writing for HerCampus, she interns for the self-help website DreamitAlive.com. In her free time, she enjoys writing, playing tennis, and baking.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.