The Inside Scoop at Nine West’s Glamorous Throwback Party in Hollywood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Nine West threw the ultimate #Throwback party on Thursday evening in Hollywood to celebrate the fashion brand’s 40th anniversary. The event, hosted by 2012 Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, welcomed actresses and starlets to Good Times at Davey Wayne’s. Chloe Bridges from Camp Rock, Jillian Rose Reed from the TV series Awkward, and Cara Santana of The Santa Clarita Diet also mingled. Here’s the inside scoop with all the deets:

Attendees—wearing denim jackets, white pantsuits, faux fur shoes and the like— entered the club through its (sshh) refrigerator door that swung open, acting as a speak easy-esque entrance. 

Bouquets of disco balls, rainbow balloon arches and vibrant daisies decorated the outdoor patio, complete with pink love seats in wicker archways. Inside, a DJ spun some throwback hits like the Spice Girls’ Wannabe, and the walls held polaroid-style vintage photos from a Nine West fashion shoot. One room displayed gleaming shoes—from mustard straps to white pumps—resting on red and metallic record players, an ode to the throwback theme.

Two bars offered on the rocks drinks or specialty cocktails, like the lavender Night Shift or gingery mule. But it was the vodka cranberries that best matched with the colorful décor—not to mention the red “40” piñata that hung outside. Later in the evening, Culpo herself took to smashing the piñata with a stick, releasing a shower of mini Jose Cuervo tequila bottles and the odd Tootsie Roll candy onto the grass. “This is so liberating!” she said.

Waiters served up delicious tuna tartare, mini mushroom quesadillas and bite-sized chicken and waffles, which attendees could nosh on under the stars and string lights in Hollywood. And no one left empty-handed—each received a Nine West tote bag with a pair of chic metallic pink sunglasses. Nine West’s full 40th anniversary capsule is now available for purchase, including sandals, loafers and heels from the past four decades. 

All we can say after being spoiled by the private party is, “Happy Birthday to Nine West!”

Photos courtesy of Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Nine West, and Lindsay Weinberg (bottom)

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.