galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

Host The Perfect Galentine’s Day Dinner With These 5 Trader Joe’s Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This Galentine’s season, there are two things I love: a good dinner party and the seasonal items at Trader Joe’s.

February 14th has always been about showing love to the people in my life who I appreciate the most, and in my opinion, there’s no better way to do this than dinner with your gals. Good pasta, a rom-com, and heart-shaped candy are the best remedies for a broken heart. Unfortunately, hosting this Galentine’s Day celebration can easily break the bank. Luckily for us, Trader Joe’s has a pink, heart-shaped fix.

As I was checking out at TJ’s the other day, admiring my very pink basket, I realized that Trader Joe’s had conveniently provided me with all of the necessary tools for a great night in. And what better people to share a night in with than your Galentines? So, as an avid dinner party enthusiast and Trader Joe’s frequenter, here is my expert guide to hosting Galentine’s dinner for less than 30 bucks.

My basket consisted of 5 key items:

Heart Shaped Ricotta Cuoricini Ravioli

An easy comfort food to fuel your cheesy rom-com-filled night, this is the perfect main course to your meal for only $3.99.

A Flower Centerpiece

Who needs someone else to buy them for you when flowers are only $9.99 per bouquet? With options ranging from tulips to roses, flowers make the perfect centerpiece for your table.

Sparkling Cider

A dinner isn’t complete without a fun drink to go along with it, and for only $2.99, this is a great addition to your cart.

Chocolate Strawberry Making kit

Chocolate-covered strawberries are synonymous with the holiday, and this $4 kit turns this delicious dessert into a fun activity that can make your night even sweeter.

Raspberry Heart Cookies

This classic dessert is only $5.99, and the perfect end to your night. With 18 cookies in a box, celebrating with all of your friends just got easier.

Whether you’re hosting a girls night, celebrating with a partner, or just treating yourself to heart-shaped dessert, these items are the perfect way to celebrate this season of love. Happy hosting!

Grace is a second year Economics and Global Studies major from Kansas City! She is interested in writing about her experiences as a woman in her 20s navigating pre-professional and college life!