Here’s A Recipe For The Most Comforting Coffee Drink You’ll Ever Make: The Cinnamon & Honey Iced Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s finally the new year, and even though the holidays are officially over, who says you can’t enjoy a delicious cup of joe that gets you in the holiday mood?  It is a combo of honey and cinnamon; I first tried it while I was volunteering at my city’s local coffee shop. They call it, the Cinnabuzz; so fitting, right? This drink only takes five minutes and requires only three ingredients you can easily find in your pantry. It is the perfect drink to make if you are in a rush to your next class or just want a simple and easy caffeinated beverage. It is guaranteed you’ll feel warm and fuzzy with every sip. 

Cinnamon & Honey Iced Coffee

You’ll need:

• ½ cup (or more) of brewed coffee OR 2 shots of espresso
  • ¼ tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • ½ cup (or more) of your favorite dairy/non-dairy milk

a dash of cinnamon in a mason jar.
Original photo by Marvin Araiza

First off, grab your trusty mug and sprinkle in the cinnamon. This is what will give the coffee that kick and it’ll have you nostalgically remembering your favorite memories during the holidays. I put ¼ of a teaspoon in my mug, but you are definitely allowed to put as much as your heart desires.

honey and cinnamon in a mason jar.
Original photo by Marvin Araiza

Next, grab your honey and drizzle one tablespoon. This works as your sweetener, so feel free to make it as sweet as you would like it to be!

coffee being poured into a cup.
Original photo by Marvin Araiza

Since I use a French press, I turn on my kettle to boil the water, once it is done I wait for 3 minutes and then pour it inside. If you don’t have a French press you can use a pour-over, moka pot or any coffee machine you have! Once you have the honey, cinnamon and coffee in your mug, stir it well until the honey has been dissolved.

oat milk being poured into a cup.
Original photo by Marvin Araiza

The final step is adding your favorite milk to the drink, making it as creamy as you like. Make sure to taste as you go; you might notice that maybe it needs more cinnamon or another spoonful of honey.

a person holding a coffee drink.
Original photo by Marvin Araiza

And there you have it, the most comforting drink you’ll ever try! Since I am a cold coffee beverage lover, I added ice to mine. It is my go-to drink every morning. I love how I don’t need to use any coffee creamers or syrup on it. At the same time, I can experiment with it if I want to. I can add caramel drizzle or keep it hot and make some sea salt milk foam to place on top. It’s a drink you can switch up to your liking but still has that sweet taste just as it is. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be heading to my kitchen to make my own!

Marvin is a Junior majoring in Korean and (hopefully) minoring in Comparative Literature. Her dream of living in LA has become a reality, even if she lives the UCLA experience through Zoom.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.