graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
News

Here’s Everything You Should Expect To See On The 2020 California Ballot

It’s election season! The 2020 presidential election may be the most important cycle in our lifetimes, but as important as it is, state elections are equally critical. State elections affect our day to day lives more directly. While you take the time to think about which candidates can help usher in a new American era, here is a complete guide of all of the different measures that will be listed on the Californian ballot. Each proposition will have objective facts about the measure and opposing sides of each issue.

Gen Z has been an extremely vocal generation on human rights issues, tax/wealth distrbution, healthcare and so much more. We are not afraid of how our personal experiences have contributed to our political beliefs and our desire for change. Voting yes or no on these propositions is the first step in implementing change within our state and making California a better place to live. All information and research was found on CalMatters.org– visit the site for more information and details!

Prop 14: Borrowing for Stem Cell Research
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 15: Business Property Taxes
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 16: Reinstating Affirmative Action
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 17: Letting Parolees Vote
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 18: Allowing 17 Year Olds Vote Early
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 19: Portable Property Tax Break
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 20: Crack Down on Crime
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 21: Rent Control
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 22: Benefits for Gig Workers
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 23: Rules for Kidney Dialysis Clinics
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 24: More Data Privacy
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang
Prop 25: Abolishing Cash Bail
graphic of CA prop
Design by Esther Kang

The last day to register to vote online in California is October 19. Make sure you’ve been registered to vote! 

Esther Kang is an English major at UCLA who hopes to pursue a career in broadcast journalism. In her free time, she loves to spend the day inside watching Netflix, spending time with friends and exploring the Los Angeles area.