hallmark christmas movies?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
hallmark christmas movies?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
The Hallmark Channel

Heartwarming Hallmark Movie Recommendations: A Past Intern Gives Her Take

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As the driving force behind the world of feel-good movies, Hallmark has carved out a niche that tugs at the heartstrings and spreads warmth like no other, especially during the Christmas season. Being a former Hallmark intern myself, I had the amazing opportunity to work within Hallmark’s physical production team on some absolutely fantastic and uplifting projects. Although I wasn’t necessarily the biggest Hallmark fan prior to beginning my internship, getting to witness the joy and community that Hallmark films create has truly been nothing short of magical. And yes, it’s okay to admit to yourself that you like Hallmark movies. If you’d rather choose to be a pretentious film geek over the sweet satisfying comfort that comes with a Hallmark movie, be my guest (but, I think we both know which you’ll like more).

So, to kickstart the spirit of Christmas cheer, I thought I’d share some Hallmark films that I’m looking forward to watching (and re-watching!) this holiday season:

Heaven Down here

Premiering on Thursday, December 14th, 8 PM ET, Heaven Down Here shares the classic heartwarming tale of four separate people from different worlds coming together when a snowstorm hits on Christmas Eve, leaving them locked within their local diner with nothing but each other to keep them company.

round and round

Premiering on Sunday, December 10th, 8 PM ET, Round and Round follows Rachel as she gets trapped within a time loop, forcing her to relive her parents’ Hanukkah party over and over. Zach, a boy Rachel’s grandma attempts to set her up with, is faced with having to save her and bring her back to tomorrow.

Magic in mistletoe

Premiering on Friday, December 8th, 8 PM ET, Magic in Mistletoe tells the story of Harrington, the author of an extremely popular book series turned recluse due to this immense commercial success. Upon returning to his hometown for the annual Christmas festival that celebrates his books, he finds companionship with April, a publicist for the publishing house Harrington works with.

Christmas with a kiss

Premiering on Sunday, December 3rd, 8 PM ET, Christmas With a Kiss follows a woman returning to her childhood home to help with her family’s Christmas Carnival, where romance will eventually ensue.

A Not so royal christmas

Premiering on Saturday, December 2nd, 8 PM ET, A Not So Royal Christmas surrounds Charlotte, a journalist who attempts to get an interview with a reclusive Count. Since the real one fled long ago, the royal family’s groundskeeper decides to pose as the Count.

My norwegian holiday

Premiering on Friday, December 1st, 8 PM ET, My Norwegian Holiday follows JJ, a woman simultaneously mourning the death of her grandmother and seeking inspiration for her dissertation, who happens to find an unexpected holiday journey. After discovering that she has a troll figurine from his hometown, JJ makes an instantly deep connection with Henrik, a Norwegian from Bergen.

A Merry scottish christmas

Premiering on Saturday, November 18th, 8 PM ET, A Merry Scottish Christmas explores estranged siblings Lindsey and Brad, who finally reunite on their trip to Scotland to celebrate Christmas with their mother; a trip on which a large family secret comes to be revealed.

Not only do these films I’m recommending truly embody the classic and timeless Hallmark themes of coming together to celebrate each other, but they also showcase the hard work, dedication, and love that is put into each and every project by the Hallmark team, something I got to witness firsthand when working behind-the-scenes. So, sit back and relax (with a blanket and some hot cocoa, of course!), and get ready for a cinematic journey filled with laughter, love, and the undeniable charm of Hallmark movie magic.

Autumn Morgan is a third-year Film & Television major at UCLA who grew up in the San Fernando Valley. She thoroughly enjoys being overdressed and reading women’s divorce fiction. In her free time, you can find her laying by a river eating fruit.